Acne cystic - causes, symptoms, methods of diagnosis, treatment
- 24 Jul 12:30
- Disease Of The Skin
Cystic Acne is one of the most severe forms of acne. Characterized by this is a skin disease with the formation of inflamed cysts - subcutaneous cavities filled with liquid or purulent contents.
Cystic acne often develops against the backdrop of acutedisease continuing in the absence of treatment. Often cystic acne is accompanied by the formation of many camellias - corked sebaceous glands.
Acne can occur for any person, regardless of race or age. But most often this disease develops in adolescents and young men. In women cystic acne often develops to middle aged.
- 1 Causes of the disease
- 2 Symptoms of the disease
- 3 Methods of diagnosis
- 4 Treatment of
- 4.1 Used drugs
- 4.2 Cosmetic procedures
- 4.3 Popular methods of treatment
- 5 Forecast and prevention of
- 6 Photo
Causes of the disease
The main cause of the formation of cystic acne isdysfunction of the sebaceous glands. These abnormalities can cause a number of external and internal causes, including:
- Hormonal shifts. It is through the changes in hormonal status that acne develops in adolescents. Women can provoke development of acute blackheads, such as polycystic ovaries, abortion or pregnancy.
- Hyperkeratosis. Becoming a cause of acne can also increase the horny layer of the skin, due to various reasons - the lack of vitamins, the effect on the skin of toxic substances, etc. thickened skin flakes contribute to the blockage of the sebaceous glands, which leads to the formation of acne cysts.
- Diseases of the GIT.One of the causes of acne is digestive disturbances that can be caused by both malnutrition and diseases of the gastrointestinal tract.
- Stress. Of course, emotional experiences in itself can become the cause of an acne, but they can affect the hormonal status, which will lead to the development of acne. On the nervous soil, acne can also be developed.
- Decreases immune status. The weakening of immunity is one of the causes of the development of cystic acne.
- Ultraviolet irradiation. In moderate quantities, ultraviolet radiation is even useful, however, excessive solar radiation gives a reverse effect, contributing to the development of acne.
- Contact with toxic substances. To accompany the development of cystic acne can also constant contact with chemicals - petroleum products, chlorine, etc.
- Mechanical Injury. Extrusion of acne can provoke the transition of acne to a more severe form - cystic acne.
- Application of Medicines. To accompany the development of acne, and the use of drugs, which include steroid hormones( steroid acne).
Symptoms of the disease
The acne cysts appear to look like a red or reddish-blue color. They are a little over healthy skin and can be very painful, especially when pushed on a cyst.
Enlightenments can merge together, forming large cavities under the skin. Cystic acne is a chronic, long-term disease that requires serious treatment.
For the diagnosis of cystic acne it is enough to examine a patient's skin with a dermatologist or cosmetologist. No further studies are required to make a diagnosis.
Cystic acne treatment should be performed by a dermatologist-cosmetologist. In this case, it is necessary to turn to a specialist who works in a medical institution, as well as cosmetologists in beauty salons, often have average professional education and doctors are not.
It is very important that the treatment of cystic acne is complex, since only with this approach can be achieved a good result.
Cystic Acne Treatment should include:
For successful cystic acne treatment, you need:
- A long course of treatment at a medical facility.
- Exercise special skin care at home.
- Use to treat acne, both local( external) and systemic, affecting the entire body.
- Detection of chronic diseases( gynecological, gastroenterological, endocrine, etc.) and their treatment.
Patients with cystic acne should immediately be tired of being a chronic illness. Therefore, treatment is needed for a long time, it will take several months or even years.
For the treatment of cystic acne use the following.
Antibacterials. To treat acne cysts, local and systemic antibiotics are used. Preparations are used for the removal of inflammation and the destruction of the infectious agent in the sebaceous glands. In addition, acne is administered by local anti-inflammatory drugs and regenerative drugs. Patients should be aware that improperly selected antibiotics or a violation of the scheme of its administration can not only not give the expected result, but also worsen the course of the disease, as the bacteria become resistant to the action of drugs. Therefore, self-medication with acne with antibiotics is unacceptable.
Retinoids. For the treatment of severe acne, preparations containing retinol are used. These drugs have anti-inflammatory effects, improve regeneration and promote the rapid healing of morning.
Benzoyl peroxide. Means containing this substance have a pronounced keratolytic effect. That is, benzoyl peroxide has the property of "dissolving" horny scales of the skin, which leads to the restoration of the functions of the sebaceous glands and the prompt healing of acne cysts.
Acelic Acid. This substance is part of the Skinorin ointment, which has anti-inflammatory and antibacterial effects.
Drugs containing estrogen and progesterone are prescribed for cystic acne in women. However, the selection of this drug should be carried out only by a specialist after an analysis to determine the level of hormones.
When compiling a cystic acne treatment plan, it is important to take into account the compatibility of drugs, so that the effect of the medication does not reduce the effect of the other. In addition, acne treatment involves long-term use of antibiotics. In order to eliminate the possible consequences, it is necessary to prescribe the use of remedies - probiotics, antifungal agents, hepatoprotectors and others.
For the treatment of acne in severe form, the following procedures are used:
- Mechanical cleaning, polishing. The procedure is aimed at leveling the skin and eliminating external manifestations of the disease. However, by itself, this procedure does not effect the therapeutic effect, so when acne it is used only in combination with the main treatment.
- Chemical Peels. The use of hydroxides to dissolve the upper skin, as well as mechanical cleansing, is used to reduce the severity of cosmetic defects.
- Laser Therapy. This technique has proven to be effective in the treatment of acne, which occurs in severe form. Under the action of a laser beam, the destruction of the protein shells of bacteria is destroyed, which leads to a decrease in inflammation. The procedure is painless and does not hurt the skin. Depending on the severity of manifestations of acne, 5-8 procedures are prescribed 1-2 times a week.
- ELOS technology. When using this method of acne treatment, the effect on the skin of a wide spectrum of light and radio waves is produced. This procedure leads to the removal of inflammation, narrowing of the pores and the alignment of the skin.
- VOLOK - intravenous laser irradiation of blood. Effective procedure aimed at increasing immunity. Used, including, for the treatment of severe forms of acne.
Popular methods of treating
Cystic Acne - This is the hardest manifestation of acne, so self-medication is better not to deal with. Before using any national remedy, consult with a dermatologist.
Aloe Juice. This remedy has a powerful antiseptic effect and can be used to treat acne cysts. The juice is applied to the affected skin. If there is no allergy, then aloe juice can be pre-mixed with honey.
For taking inside in treating cystic acne, you can prepare a collection of trilogy watches and peppermint( 2 parts) and cones of hops and roots of valerian( in 1 part).To make a decoction, use two tablespoons of a mixture of raw materials on 200 ml of water. Take
twice in laziness Forecast and prevention of
Prevention of cystic acne is a timely adjustment of hormonal status and treatment of chronic diseases. In the case of the occurrence of ordinary acne, it is necessary to categorically exclude their extrusion, in order not to provoke the formation of subcutaneous cysts.
The prediction of cystic acne depends on the timeliness of the initiated treatment. Unfortunately, the cicatricial changes in the skin can not be turned back. But using different cosmetic procedures can greatly improve the look.