Rash in infants: symptoms
- 23 Jul 08:15
Rheit in infants is closely linked to the overgrowth of a large penis. Although, these two concepts do not always follow from each other. Indeed, if a child is diagnosed with rickets, then the baby's head on his head will overgrown for a long time and have a whole list of concomitant symptoms.But if all signs of a child's disease are just not overgrown, then talk about rickets and start taking the appropriate medications early. In this case, it is necessary to understand and be able to recognize the disease, since the unreasonable appointment of even banal vitamin D may have lethargic consequences.
1. What is a ricket?
2. Why do infants get rickets?
3. How does ricket in infants develop: symptoms of
4. Development of complications: signs of
appearance 5. Diagnosis and treatment of rickets in children
6. Prevention of rickets in children
What is ricket?
Rhetitis is a disease associated with vitamin D deficiency in the body. It leads to deformation of the bone system. Infants up to 3-4 months are more prone to the risk of developing rickets, however, they do not get sick with them often.
About the basic skills and the peculiarities of a child's development in 3 months, you can find out from our article: A child in 3 months: development and psychology
This disease suffered children from the Middle Ages. At the beginning of the 20th century, there were also cases of mass diseases. If the baby does not get enough sunlight and is forced to breast-feed, then he needs to compensate for the lack of nutrients in the body. Particularly effective now is the introduction of drugs containing vitamin D.
Why do infants develop rickets?
Since rickets cause disturbances in the bone and muscle and nervous system, the cause of its appearance is insufficient content of calcium and phosphorus in the body, that is, phosphorous-calcium metabolism is disturbed.
Factors contributing to the development of rickets in infants:
- early delivery ( premature babies do not receive the required calcium stores, since its placement is in the last weeks of pregnancy);
- mother's misbehaving ( if a woman does not eat calcium and vitamin D products while breastfeeding, then it risks the health of her baby);
- is the birth of in autumn and winter( these months are often cloudy weather, so the baby gets insufficient natural vitamin D);
- is an unfavorable environmental atmosphere of the ( when a family lives in a big city where there is a large number of industrial plants that poison air with harmful gases, a newborn may have metabolic disturbances);
- incorrect feeding of the baby ( inappropriate artificial nutrition, overfeeding and malnutrition adversely affect his health);
- congenital anomalies in the metabolism of ( manifested in lack of calcium and vitamin D).
As rickets show up in infants: symptoms
In a newborn, it's virtually impossible to see any signs of rickets. Bones begin to actively develop until 3-4 months of child development and in this age you can already observe I stage of of this disease. It is considered the easiest and is accompanied by the following symptoms.
- in the child is observed high sweating( do not be confused with the natural activity of the child during feeding, bathing, games).
- appears baldness of the occipital part of the head and a special response to noise( earlier, a calm baby can begin to wake up from any loud sound of household appliances).
- has a tendency to soften bone tissue( the penis bristles and bones in other places are made soft, but it will only be noticeable to a specialist).
If the parents did not notice the first signs of rickets and did not contact the doctor in time, II begins to show stage of the disease, which is already characterized by an average degree of severity:
- head becomes disproportionate to the body and convex, very large in size;
- in the area of the wrists and ribs begin to appear thickening, similar to nodes;
- is a violation of the bowel movement, and the stomach becomes round and bumpy;
- is a reduction in muscle tone, an irregular posture is formed in the child, and it can hardly move;
- has problems with the nervous system, the baby loses previously acquired skills, becomes annoying poorly asleep;
- appears to reduce appetite.
Finally, the III stage of the disease, the hardest, develops when nobody watches for a child. Violations related to the appearance of rickets, here are very significant:
- baby lags in mental development;
- he deforms and distorts his legs heavily;The
- head becomes large, with the body remaining small;The
- child has a compressed chest.
Development of Complications: Signs of the Appearance of
If richete somehow succeeded in determining, then only qualified medical care will help prevent complications that arise during the course of the disease:
- expresses deformation of the skull bones ( leads to mental inferiority);
- distortion of the chest and compression of the lungs ( may provoke the development of tuberculosis, pneumonia);
- pelvic deformity ( women in the future may interfere with normal degeneration);
- muscle weakness ( may interfere with healthy physical development);
- changes in the structure of bones ( in children with rickets, fractures are often the limbs).
Diagnosis and treatment of rickets in children
A pediatrician can correctly diagnose rickets in a baby. The diagnosis is made during the delivery of blood and urine tests based on the general clinical picture.
To help detect data from research studies and diagnosis:
- reduces total and ionized calcium levels;
- reduced phosphorus concentration;
- powerful alkaline phosphatase boost;
- urine has either a negative reaction, or a weakly positive;
- significant changes in bone radiographs.
The ratio of calcium, phosphorus and alkaline phosphatase helps to determine the stage of the disease.
Today, fortunately, especially severe forms of the disease are no longer present, however, young mothers should still not lose their vigilance and monitor the health of their baby. The main thing to remember is that timely medical care can prevent the development of any illness.
Medicinal treatment for
For the treatment of rickets in children, the following drugs are widely used.
Aquadetrym is an aqueous solution of vitamin D3, which is rapidly absorbed and does not accumulate as it is excreted through the kidneys. So, giving his baby, you can not worry about overdose. It is better to consult a doctor about the rules of admission. Usually the dose is 6-10 drops, and the medicine is used for about 4-6 weeks.
Devisol - an oil solution of vitamin D3.If the child is allergic to akvaderim, then he can safely give a devisol that does not cause diathesis. However, it is contraindicated in children suffering from dysbiosis and suction problems. The dosage problem should be resolved with the pediatrician, since there is no consensus.
Physiotherapeutic measures include the following:
- walk with the child on the street at least 4 hours a day, increase the number of visits in nature;
- try to constantly ventilate the room so that air does not stagnate;
- regulate the baby's balanced nutrition, if it is impossible to breastfeed, appropriately selected artificial mixtures will fit;
- do baby salt baths, it will reassure and strengthen the immune system;
- drive the child to a special therapeutic massage or practice gymnastics with gently developing legs and pens( tips for exercises can be given by the doctor).
Radical treatment of
Radical treatment of rickets is commonly used rarely, but such methods also take place in therapy.
- ultraviolet irradiation courses;
- surgical intervention( admitted for ineffectiveness of drugs and the last stage of the disease).
Prevention of Rickets in Children
Necessary measures to prevent rickets need to be used from the very beginning of pregnancy. A future mother should lead the right way of life and follow the following recommendations:
- often walks in the open air;
- take sunscreen in moderate amounts;
- to take special vitamins for pregnant women( complexes);
- Mom eat foods that contain vitamin D( fish, cheese, eggs, nuts, oatmeal, greens) if the baby gets breast milk.
Know that pregnant women do not prescribe any procedure under the lamp and vitamin D solution! This can adversely affect the fetal development of the fetus.
When a baby is born, his young mother should continue to prevent rickets, namely trying to breastfeed a baby, if possible, to take long walks with the baby, especially in good clear weather. It is good to conduct special gymnastics exercises, moderate solar baths for the baby( 3-5 minutes a day, can be in the shade) and take the reception of vitamin D for prevention.