Obi Worldphone announced the Obi MV1 smartphone
- 15 Jul 06:30
The name John Sculley is likely to be familiar to those who have followed the world of technology during the last decade. Former CEO Apple - before the return of Steve Jobs - Scully surprised many when last summer he introduced his new company, Obi Worldphone, and a couple ofsmartphones. These phones aimed at the budget segment of the market have a very bright and attractive design specifically to stand out from a multitude of Android rivals.
On Monday, Obi Worldphone announced a fresh addition to its family of phones - Obi MV1.The smartphone works on Android and will have several distinctive features, such as "Floating Display" and "Iconic Shape".Plus, the phone will be available in two versions of the operating systems: Android 5.1 Lollipop and Cyanogen OS 12.1.1.That's what John Scully said about the new product:
There are more than 200 companies in this industry and they are all struggling for the attention of buyers. In 2016, 1.4 billion smartphones will be released, so we need to find a way to stand out from the crowd. .. What we are trying to convey to Obi Worldphone is that you can make available phones with excellent design without loss of quality and technology. You do not need to sacrifice style to please the content. With MV1 you can have both components.
This device is shamelessly characterized by the usual features of budget telephones:
- Appearance - The case is made of frosted polycarbonate with anti-glare coating, floating( raised) display.
- Dimensions - 145.6 x 72.6 x 8.95 mm
- Weight - 149 g
- Operating System - Cyanogen OS 12.1 based on Android Lollipop 5.1
- Connectivity - Easy-access, dual SIM( Micro and Nano), Wi-Fi 802.11 b /g/ n, two-way, Wi-Fi direct. Bluetooth v4.1, A2DP.GPS - A-GPS / GLONASS.USB - microUSB v2.0
- Sound DTS SoundTM with two microphones for noise suppression.
- Main camera - 8MP AF OV8865 with LED flashlight;f / 2.2 aperture;Autofocus;Video recording capability of 1080p @ 30fps.
- Second Camera - 2 Megapixel
- Processor - Quad-Core Qualcomm® Snapdragon ™ 212 1.3 GHz and Adreno 304 GPU Graphics Core
- Display - 5 Inch, Full HD with In-Cell Technology. High definition( 720 × 1280 pixels), 294 ppi.
- Protection Glass - Corning® Gorilla® Glass 3
- Networks - GPRS /EDGE/WCDMA/ HSPA + /4G/ LTE /EDGE/WCDMA/ Memory - 1Gb RAM with 16GB internal memory or 2GB RAM with 16GB internal memoryBoth with expandable capacity up to 64GB with microSD cards
- Battery - 2500mAh Li-Po
- Sensors - Accelerometer, presence sensor, ALS( world)
Obi MV1 phone will be sold in two different configurations. For $ 139 buyers will get an option with 16GB of internal memory and 1GB of RAM, and for $ 149 - just 10 bucks more - 2GB RAM with 16GB of internal memory. The phone will be available for sale in the near future in Asia and Africa, Europe and South America, and will be available in March.
What do you think of the new Obi MV1?Phone looks memorable? Does he remind you nothing? Would you buy it for your relative or friend, not pursuing top-notch characteristics? Can Obi make phones in the future, but with high-end filling? Leave your comments!