External hemorrhoids - symptoms and treatment
- 08 Jul 09:45
- Hemorrhoid Treatment
Hemorrhoids( pathological expansion of hemorrhoidal veins) - is one of the most common diseases. There are several forms of its development:
The difference between external hemorrhoids from the internallocation of the nodes outside the anus, which most often do not cause any discomfort among the periods of exacerbation.
Causes of external hemorrhoids
Most often, the development of the disease occurs due to the congenital tendency and weakness of the walls of the veins, the difficulty of the outflow of venous blood from the perianal zone. External hemorrhoids may start to disturb for the following reasons:
- Lack of motor activity( prolonged sitting or standing)
- Problems with bowel movements( constipation, prolonged stress or waiting)
- Disturbances in diet( acute foods, alcohol, inadequate consumption of sour milk products, fruits and vegetables)
- Very often bothered with hemorrhoids during pregnancy or after childbirth
Under the influence of these factors there is an overflow of blood of the veins of the small pelvis and the perineum. The veins are stretched, torn, and there is the formation of hemorrhoids.
Symptoms of External Hemorrhoids
This disease is chronic. Therefore, in the absence of exacerbation, a person does not worry. But during the remission, the following symptoms appear:
- A feeling of discomfort and itching in the anus. If you comb the itchy areas of the skin, there will be irritation.
- Detecting the cones around the anus, have different sizes and are detected by palpation.
- The appearance of blood in the stool, the walls of the toilet, on toilet paper. If hemorrhoidal nodes are small, then blood may not be. But if external hemorrhoids have arisen for a long time, and knots have managed to increase in size, the process of defecation can injure them.
- Another, the most common cause of bleeding may be cracks formed in the anus and are satellites of hemorrhoids.
- When acute nodules swell, inflammation, causing pain when the stool mass is released.
When you find the symptoms listed, you need to start treatment, because the underlying disease can cause various complications.
Complications of External Hemorrhoids
In some cases, with the progression of the disease, complications may occur - site thrombosis. Thrombotic external hemorrhoids are accompanied by acute pain, in some cases intolerable.
Formation of the thrombus is associated with prolonged stagnation of blood in the veins, in which it occurs in the thickening and dissection of the resulting site. There is a lot of pain, increased during sneezing, coughing or walking. It becomes impossible not only to travel, but also to the seat.
The color of the node also changes. It becomes a cyanotic tint, swells and causes pain when pushed. There is swelling of the tissues of the perianal region, redness of the skin around the node and an increase in body temperature.
With the progression of external hemorrhoids, inflammation is spreading to the subcutaneous tissue, causing swelling around the entire region of the perineum and increasing pain.
The most dangerous complication is the probability of developing purulent paraproctitis and the formation of fistulas. Therefore, treating thromboid hemorrhoids should be timely, and when the first signs of complications are detected, they carry out an operation to remove the thrombus.
How to treat external hemorrhoids
Depending on the stage of development of hemorrhoids, the treatment is based on three methods:
As we see, if an external hemorrhoids were formed, treatment should begin at an early stage in order to get rid of the disease as soon as possible and not to resort to long-term therapy.