Pediculosis is a dressing - causes, symptoms, diagnostics, treatment
- 06 Jul 21:00
- Disease Of The Skin
Powdery pediculosis is a parasitic disease that is caused, as well as other types of pediculosis, infection with lice.
Pillow lice are not a separate type of parasite, but an evolutionary head lice. Apparel wool has appeared relatively recently, as for the existence ofit is necessary to have people wearing clothes.
Pillow lice, unlike the pubic and the main ones, can not live on hair. The parasite's legs are not adapted to hold on the hairs, but this type of lice perfectly feels on the surface of the tissues.
A common plague pediculosis among the marginal population. Outbreaks of this disease are observed during hostilities, that is, when people are not able to maintain normal body hygiene and timely change clothes.
- 1 Cause of development of
- 2 Clinical picture of
- 2.1 Possible complications of
- 3 Diagnosis of
- 4 Treatment of
- 4.1 Treatment of folk remedies
- 5 Forecast and prevention of
The cause of development of
The distinction of a pulmonary pediculosis from other diseases is that the disease causes the parasite( lice)lives not on the body of the carrier, but on his clothes.
The apparel is slightly different from the head. These are small parasites with a body length of no more than 4 mm, gray with a yellow tinge. Drunken blood, the lice darkens and looks like a flea, but, unlike the latter, the lice can not jump.
Proliferates the lice by laying eggs, which are called nicks. When laying eggs, the lotion secretes a sticky substance, so the nails are very firmly attached to the fibers of the fabric. It is very difficult to separate nuts from fabric mechanically. From the eggs there are larvae that consistently undergo three stages of mating, turning into a sexually pure person.
It's easy to distinguish the wool from other parasites.
- Unlike the head and pubic lice, the wool does not reside on the body and hair.
- The main difference between flea lice is the inability to first jump.
- Bed linens are much larger than lace pockets, and have a darker color.
The only food for lice is human blood. Most of the time, these parasites spend on clothes( in seams of linen, in folds under the collar, troughs, etc.), but up to 4 times a day, adult lice move to the body of the carrier( sick person) to carry out the nutrition process.
The process of reproduction of woolen linen is carried out on clothes, the optimum temperature for normal life of parasites - about 30 degrees. At temperatures close to plus 15, the nicot stops, and when heated to 60 or cooling below -13 parasites perish.
Lice can be lost if there is no media. That is, if the infected clothes are left for a while, the parasites will die in a few weeks after starvation.
It is for this reason that paternal pediculosis is common among people who rarely change clothes and do not have the ability to wash and iron clothes normally. This same feature of the costume lice allows you to successfully fight pediculosis without using chemicals. To get rid of parasites it is enough to wash infected things at a temperature of 95 degrees or take clothes for a few days in a cold.
Clinical picture of
The main symptom of a paternal pediculus is an itch that occurs in the places of lice bites. The parasite not only bites skin and drinks blood, but also injects into an anesthetic in the morning and prevents blood coagulation of matter. This substance may develop an allergic reaction, which is manifested by the development of urticaria.
Severe itch caused by bites of parasites, leads to the appearance of scratches( exorcation), that is, skin damage. This circumstance increases the risk of developing pyoderma - pustular skin diseases. With the spread of infection deep into the skin, boils and even abscesses can be formed.
Outwardly, the bosoms of the lice of the dress are very similar to the bites of fleas, but unlike the latter they are chaotic, not chains.
In addition, lice do not have a proboscis as in some insects, so when biting, the parasite immerses most of its head in the skin. Because of this opening the bites of the lice are relatively large.
Bites, and, consequently, itching, with peculiar pediculosis, are localized mainly in the shoulders, lower back, buttocks, hips, under armpits, on the neck. In the hairy areas of the body, lace blouses less often, giving the area a smooth skin.
Possible complications of
Pulmonary pediculosis itself is a very unpleasant but safe disease. However, pediculosis, especially long-term leakage, can provoke the development of serious complications.
Secondary infection. The skin reliably protects the body from infiltration. But numerous skin lesions, caused by bites of lice and constant glow, reduce the protective properties of the skin to a minimum. The infection easily goes out into the wound and causes inflammation.
Skin changes are possible with long-term pediculosis. The skin of such patients thickens, at some sites there may be a violation of pigmentation. The skin clearly shows a skin pattern, so its surface looks rough.
Lice, including dressings, can become carriers of dangerous infectious diseases. Wax, getting drunk in the blood of a patient, becomes dangerous for other people. Getting to another carrier, the lice infect it with infectious diseases. Pillow louse spread diseases such as rickettsiosis, swollen and loose typhus. The infection with lice is the cause of epidemics when people live in unsanitary conditions( for example, in poorly organized refugee camps).
The basis of the diagnosis is the detection of live parasites and nits on the patient's clothes, as well as the presence of characteristic skin injuries.
Characteristic symptoms of pseudo-pediculosis:
- The presence of bites that, in the absence of complications, heal within 3 days;
- Severe itching in the area of bites.
In addition, at the costume pediculosis possible:
- Various allergic reactions from the development of urticaria( characteristic rash) to the development of generalized symptoms.
- Formation of small blue dots on the skin. The appearance of these spots due to the fact that the lice bite injected inside a specific secret that destroys hemoglobin blood. Products of decomposition of hemoglobin, accumulating under the surface layer of skin, give it a blue color. People with pediculosis are unstable and quickly disappear.
- Development of pustular skin lesions due to a large number of superficial injuries.
Some patients develop nerve disorders due to constant and intense itching.
It is important to distinguish pediculosis from scabies. The main difference is that when pediculosis on the skin it is visible surface damage - a trace of bites. In case of scabies, the mite lays under the surface layer of the skin, so there are no external lesions.
It's easy to get rid of a woolen lotion, but the problem-solving approach needs to be comprehensive.
When it comes to detecting pockets, it is advisable to apply to the sanitary services. Experts have effective means of disinfection, with which you can get rid of a pedicle just in one day.
If you can not use special disinfectants( for example, with allergies), you can get rid of and do not use pocket-sized pediculosis. Patients are advised:
- All bed linen in the house is to be washed at the highest temperature or boil. When using a washing machine, you can add vinegar to the powder, and even more special means - pediculocides.
- You just need to wash your clothes. Ideally, the clothes need to be processed in steam-formalin chambers. In extreme cases, in winter you can hang clothes on frost( the temperature should be no higher than minus 20 degrees).To withstand clothes in the cold should be at least a week. Worn clothes and linen, as well, it is recommended to hang for ventilation for a period of at least two weeks.
- A patient needs to wash the body well, then apply a pediculocidal shampoo, cream or aerosol to the body. After half an hour, thoroughly wash your body and soap. Wait a new or not worn for at least two weeks and dressed with hot iron clothes.
Place bites to grease the "Rescuer" or "Star" balm. In the presence of an allergic reaction, select antihistamines. If developed complications of pediculosis( pustular skin lesions) symptomatic therapy is prescribed - antibacterial, disinfectants.
Treatment of folk remedies
For the earliest possible disposal of paternity pediculosis, you can use folk recipes.
- The costume louse does not like the scent of tansy. This plant in dry or fresh form should hang in places where the clothes are dried and ventilated by the patient after washing and finishing.
- Tinplate decoction can be used to rinse the body after bathing.
- For the quickest healing of the affected skin in the places of lice bites, you can prepare an ointment by mixing four parts of the baby cream or fried pork fat and one part of the powdered mixture of dry roots of white currant and dudnik. Lubricate ointment with damaged skin during pediculosis.
Forecast and prophylaxis
Forecast with proper steps taken to get rid of the lice is good. In the absence of treatment, the dressing of pediculosis can last for years, the development of complications can not be ruled out.
Prevention of paternal pediculosis is to keep hygiene, to change and wash clothes in a timely manner, to avoid visiting places where there is a high risk of infection with pediculosis. In addition, you should not try other people's clothes and linen.