How to fight the spider mite on indoor plants
- 17 Nov 22:00
One of the most dangerous pest of terrestrial plants is a spider mite. It is capable of causing considerable damage to the plant and many troublesome gardener. It is multi-species, which means that virtually all indoor plants fall into the risk zone. It often suffers from ficus, palm,lemon and cactus. The use of insecticides for their destruction was not effective, so special procedures should be followed in the course. From this article you will learn how to deal with spider mite on indoor plants.
- 1 What does a mite and a diseased plant look like?
- 2 Cause of infection
- mites prevention 4 How to deal with
- 5 Video «How to deal with spider mite»
What does a mite and a plant look like?
This is a small spider insect that you do not just notice with a naked eye, has a brown, white or reddish color and "fades" on the underside of the leaf of the plant.
The spider mite on the flowers of flowers is rapidly multiplying. It takes only one week to two, so that from the sedated eggs individuals appeared and further developed. This occurs under favorable conditions under which even the "flash" of the reproduction of these parasites may occur. But the low temperature and high humidity somewhat slow down this process.
Appearing on one indoor plant, the tick is able to move to other healthy ones and infect them too.
What does it do? Placing on a leaf of a plant, it pierces her skin and suckles the liquid contents of the cells. After that a lot of small white spots appear on the bottom of the sheet. The sheet loses its color, it dies and falls. Also, the mite can weave a thin cobweb and cover it with the affected leaf of the flower. If you do not take action, home plants are likely to die. In addition, some pincers are able to inflict damage and flower petals. For example, in a rose. By scattering in it, the mite can literally distort the indoor flower, minimizing all its decorative properties. This is, in principle, all the signs of a flower blight with a spider mite. As soon as you notice them on your plants, immediately begin to fight the parasite.
Cause of Infecting
Each florist who has a large collection of indoor plants faces this problem. And then there is a logical question: where does this disease appear on our flowers? There are several variants of the development of events, leading to the infection of plants.
MICE PREVENTION Before you pour soil into a pot with a flower, bring moss, sand, stones or wood bark to them, care should be taken. The following manipulations should be carried out to prevent the infestation of the spider mite:
- Just purchased soil should be poured into a container( preferably in a room where there are no flowers) and exposed to calcining or steaming. You can do this in an oven or microwave oven.
- We do the same manipulations with pebbles, sand or wood bark.
- Moss is filled with boiling water, after it has cooled down, it needs to be taken and dried.
- Just bought flower, as already mentioned, it is necessary for a while to set aside from others, and even better - to process acaricides and put them in polyethylene packages for a couple of days.
This is probably all possible prophylactic procedures that help prevent the infection of your plants with a spider mite. Go instructions, your flowers will not only sound, but also look great.
How to Fight
If you find signs of spider mite on indoor plants, you must immediately organize a fight against them. The time for reflection is small, because every minute is important in the process of flower salvation.
To get rid of a tick, you need to create unfavorable conditions for his life.
Both folk remedies and medicines will come in handy. A solution of water with a soap is to start with the ground parts of the plant, and then its pot, pot stand, sill or table( in general, the place where the flower stands).Let this procedure not eliminate the spider mite, but significantly reduce their number.
Pest control measures include large watering of plants with leaf spraying. Then cover the plant with a plastic bag( hermetically) and leave the day for three. And remove the flower from direct sunlight, it has nothing to do with it. The fact is that the spider mite does not tolerate high humidity. And plentifully watering the flowers, you will bring them to destruction.
Help to effectively fight acaricide mites. However, keep in mind that they are safe for humans and pets, so they should be extremely careful. The list of such preparations includes:
Now in the struggle against the spider mite enter the national remedies - infusions. Reviews about such methods are not bad, so you can draw your attention to them.
- A tickling decoction will help to get rid of the tick. Sliced to some parts of the tubers boil for 40 minutes at 0, 5 liters.water, if taken 50 g of tubers. Cool and spray the plant. A repeat procedure should be performed in a week. The effect from the use reaches 95-100%.
- Finely chopped onions insist 5-7 hours in water( 1 liter).Dishes should be closed.
- Shredded dandelion roots( about 30 g) are insisted on 1 liter of warm water for a couple of hours.
- Highly concentrated infusion is obtained when working with garlic. Get rid of 170 grams of roasted garlic, which is infused 5 days per 1 liter of water in a closed dish. Directly for work it is necessary to take 6 grams of infusion and dilute it in 1 liter.water.
- Help get rid of a spinach dill on a flower from a spider mite. It will require him: 1 liter of water, 4 g of green soap, 5 g of camomile infusion. The mixture is sprayed with the plant, and after 24 hours, the plant is washed with warm water.
- This method is found specially for those plants that can not be sprayed with solutions. The plant will "breathe" garlic. What does it mean? Cut the garlic and place it in a small jar next to the flower. Cover them with a plastic bag for a few hours. Remember how in childhood, due to lack of medicine, for the treatment of grandmother boiled potatoes and covered us with a blanket next to him? The principle of the same! If desired, instead of garlic, you can use turpentine.
So, thanks to us, you became familiar with what is a spider mite and its main habitats. We looked at the causes of the infection of home plants and the ways of getting such ticks into the house. And, most importantly, thanks to us you have learned how to get rid of this misfortune and save your room flower paradise. And now the mite on indoor plants - it's not a problem!
Video «How to deal with spider mites»
Video about how to determine whether the plant is infected with spider mite and how to get rid of this misfortune.