Salmonella in pigeons: symptoms, treatment, medication
- 17 Nov 02:15
Salmonella in pigeons is a dangerous disease that affects both wild and domestic birds. This disease causes a stick, salmonella, able to survive in favorable conditions. Patients can infect other birds, so a person needs to minimize the potential forto spread the disease and provide appropriate preventive measures in a timely manner.
Salmonella is a serious disease of pigeons, which is dangerous both for birds and for humans.
Content of the article:
- 1 Description of
- 2 Signs of
- 3 Treatment of
- 4 Prevention and vaccination
- 5 Summary of
Salmonellosis often affects pigeons and results in the death of a large number of individuals in a poultry house. As a stick, salmonella can exist in litter, water, litter, as well as on the surface of eggs, then the main cause of infection with this disease is non-compliance with the rules of hygiene. In addition to birds, carriers of the disease are animals, rats and insects.
Salmonella sticks are a bacterium that is a danger to the human body. The use of products derived from infected birds provokes the development of the disease.
Factors contributing to pigeon infection:
- lack or lack of food;
- is a young age;
- bad immunity;
- is dirty water.
The risk of salmonella is the ability to affect internal organs: the liver, brain, lungs and intestines. Infected individuals postpone defective eggs for hatching birth sick chicks that die within 15 days of hatching.
Salmonellosis affects the internal organs of the bird, after which it brings the sick and can not survive the offspring.
Variants of the course and the corresponding duration of the disease:
- acute - 2-4 days;
- subacute - 6-10 days;
- chronic - the presence of a pathogen in the body of the individual throughout life.
Detection of diseased individuals and treatment - the main factors that can prevent the poisoning of birds and stop the further spread of the disease in the poultry house.
Salmonella pigeons occur in several forms, each of which has different symptoms.
Forms of the disease and their symptoms:
- Hidden. Observed in people with good immunity. When there are no visible signs of infection, but the dove is a carrier of salmonella. The bacterium affects the internal organs of the bird and stands out with the subsequent, thereby increasing the risk of infection of healthy individuals. Often, in the latent form of disease in pigeons, there are problems with laying eggs and seeding offspring.
- Explicit. Impresses young individuals or chicks and often leads to the death of birds. Symptoms of this form of an illness are lack of appetite, apathy, weakness, impolite fever, thirst and bowel disorders.
- Sutlovo. It is characterized by lesion of joints, accumulation of liquids in them. The main symptom of this form of salmonellosis is the twitching of the limbs, which are accompanied by the exhaustion of the muscles of the wings. And there is also a presence of tumors in the area of the joints. In the severe stages of the disease in the bird disappears the ability to fly and move.
- Intestine. When it occurs, acute or chronic inflammation of the intestine, accompanied by diarrhea and the presence of litter with blood and mucous membranes.
- Nervous. Consequence of the chronic course of the disease. The main signs indicating nerve salmonellosis are severe cramps that lead to death.
Identify the presence of the disease in the poultry can be by its appearance.
Regardless of the form of the disease, the infected bird looks oppressed, sedentary and drowsy, with manifestations of convulsive twitching of the limbs.
It is necessary to start treatment of pineal salmonellosis after determining the shape and severity of the disease. In modern veterinary medicine there is a huge amount of drugs for qualitative and rapid treatment of infections.
Preparations for Salmonella in Pigeons:
"Enroflor" drug helps to get rid of salmonella in pigeons.
In combination with medical treatment, measures are taken to prevent further infestation of birds: cleaning and disinfection of the premises, a careful examination of all birds and timely replacement of water.
In order to properly pick up medicines for pigeons from salmonella, it is better to contact a vet who will prescribe the appropriate preparation of the required dosage.
A high efficiency against salmonellosis is characterized by Paradox - a drug that can be used to treat infected birds, and also used for prophylactic purposes. This product is mixed with water and food. The course of treatment is from 10 to 14 days.
Prevention and vaccination
Disinfection of dandelions is carried out in the fall and spring. Observance of cleanliness indoors - the best preventive measure against the massive infection of birds.
Stages of disinfection of dwarfs:
- mechanical cleaning;
- moisture disinfection;
- aerosol disinfection.
For the prophylaxis of the disease, the drug Parastop after molting pigeons and before propagation is used. The course of admission in this case is 7 days.
For the prevention of salmonella in birds, it is recommended that vaccinations be carried out in a timely manner.
The first time the vaccine is used for pigeons at the age of 8 weeks. After that an annual vaccination is carried out in the autumn-winter period.
When growing pigeons, care should be taken to maintain good living conditions. Having noticed the first signs of a disease in a pigeon, a man is obliged to carry out treatment as soon as possible and complete disinfection of the territory. Food and water for birds should be high quality. The health of the birds and the quality of the offspring depend on the cleanliness of the premises and the timeliness of preventive measures against salmonella.