When you can cut geese: useful tips
- 14 Nov 23:45
Did you hear that geese breeding is the most profitable thing? But you do not have enough information about what to feed them and what period of fattening? And do not you know when you can score them? All of this can be found on our website. In particular, in this article you will find detailed information on how to cut geese from the.
- 1 Selecting the optimal slaughter period
- 2 Useful tips for beginners
- 3 Video "Goose farm - how to breed and contain birds"
Choosing the optimal slaughter period
Detected with the slaughter period is not that simple. First you need to understand what bird breeds for? If you keep geese for yourself and your pleasure, then they can live for a very long time and die from a very old age. But if they were broken down a lot, then it is better to brood the flock in the autumn.
In this case, it is recommended to select the most productive individuals in a quantity not more than 5 pieces, and the rest to be dispersed. It is possible to begin cutting them already in October or November, depending on how well the bird is fattened. If you did not have time, it would be better to wait another year, as in the winter the geese begins a breeding season and they are very much losing weight.
Now let's talk about youngsters. When asked if you can cut it, you know the answer only. Now let me explain why. The fact is that the period when sows start slaughter depends on what you feed it. That is, if the components of the feed were only natural ingredients, then depending on the breed of the bird cut young children can begin with a seven-month age.
Well, and if the geese were fed with feed fodder, then at the age of two to three months their carcass will weigh about 3-4 kg. And the slaughter can start and be profitable already at this age. And with a mixed variant of feeding, it is possible to start cutting about five months. It is also worth remembering that they gain their optimal weight only in the second year of their lives.
If you decide to breed geese for meat and feed them with special broilers, then the best option will be to kill at 72 days of age. By such feeding they will grow up well before this period. Also, during this period, the feathers and the goat's goat will be smooth and free of stumps. If you do not have time, it is better to wait the same, that is, to kill 144 days.
For those who plant geese in their pleasure, it's worth remembering that the most productive bird will be in the first five years of its life. It is not recommended to keep it longer. After the end of this period it is better to update the herd.
Useful tips for beginners
- Because they spend the day at grasslands in the spring, summer and autumn, they are considered to be the most economical in terms of bird food. The forage feed at this time of the year is the basis of their diet.
- They are very fond of walking, so even in the winter, in the event of severe frosts, they should be let out for at least 1 hour in the yard.
- If you have a big city, then pre-prepared, winter geese will be easy and profitable.
- This bird knows greatly about its owner in steps, if it is a stranger, a flock of several individuals will not miss it.
- In the geese in the herd there is a strict hierarchy that all individuals adhere to.
- It is important that at least the first 3 eggs of the goose are taken out of the nest. Then she will definitely go back to the nest, regardless of where the flock is located.
- All geese are exclusively meat breeds.
- By weight among poultry, they yield only indicators.
- At night, geese eat more than in the afternoon, especially in winter. Therefore, it is better to leave plenty of grain in the nursery for the night.
- It is necessary to prevent their obesity, because then all eggs will be unfertilized.
- Feeding wheat will immediately lead to obesity.
- You can only feed grain if it is oats or millet. From them the bird never becomes obese.
- The best option is to feed the grain in sprouted form.
Video «Goose farm - how to breed and contain birds»
Features of keeping and breeding birds in the household, about the life and care of birds, tell an experienced farmer in our video.