Broiler turkeys: growing at home, feeding
- 14 Nov 14:00
The beneficial business both in terms of the volume and usefulness of meat content, and in the issues of fast and profitable business today - is the breeding of broiler turkeys.
Given the size of the adult bird, which can sometimes weigh up to 30 kg, as well as dietary meat, the best choice foris to choose hard to find. That is why broiler turkeys and their growing at home are very relevant. The unpretentious nature of this bird gives it the opportunity to breed virtually every person.
Content of the article:
- 1 Varieties of broilers
- 2 Condition of maintenance
- 3 Features of feeding broiler turkeys
- 4 Diseases of turkeys-broilers
Varieties of broilers
Broiler turkeys of their origin are obliged to interbreed different breeds, resulting in wide-bred hybrid individuals with largeweightThe most commonly used breeds are:
- American bronze rocks. They are classified as moderate and can reach 25 kg for a fairly short period of feeding.
- White broad-necked. . Weight-wagons are among the breeds, but are more popular with their eggs, which have a weight of 85 - 90 g, and their shelf life is much longer than chicken and quail.
- White Dutch breeds. They are related to the light indexes, gaining a maximum weight of 10-12 kg for 3 months of cultivation.
- BIG-6.These turks from the category of heavy breed, gain for half a year up to 20 kg of weight, which is quite profitable for sale.
Broiler turkeys are one of the hardest breeds of
. Holdings of
Turkeys, like many domestic birds, are not particularly sophisticated, although many starters or lovers complain of a huge number of broiler breeding features. But with the slightest experience of working with any kind of poultry, there should not be much difficulty. The basis of the same comfortable poultry farming in the home is:
In general, following the basic techniques for bird care, many troubles can be avoided. Among the auxiliary methods for keeping turkeys, it's worth remembering that this is a bird that knows how to fly. To minimize the number of flights, you need to cut one of the wings of the bird and slightly break through the tail. The "clipped" broiler will not be able to maintain a normal equilibrium and will leave attempts to fly until the next rebound of feathers.
Chicken broilers need special care from the very birth of
Features of feeding broiler turkeys
Before deciding what kind of feed is suitable for a certain breed of birds, it is important to consider the important aspects of the care of turkeys in the consumption of food. Until the moment when the bird strengthens the chicks, the small grain for the nutritional composition should not be covered on the floor or in the solid foundation of the feeder. During the first week after the birth of turkeys, feed should be put on a cardboard box. Criteria for choosing a feeder should take into account the number of broilers, because if adult birds are tight during meals, they can get sick.
The healthy appearance and rapid growth of birds at home are directly related to the composition of the feed used. Moreover, the change in feed mixes takes into account the breed of turkeys and their age. For small turkey it is necessary to give food with the maximum content of cheese, dairy and fish additives. Protein and plant elements are a prerequisite for proper feeding of birds of any age.
Forage in the form of a finished dry mix can be given to broilers from two weeks of age. But such a diet needs to be diversified with meat, fish and dairy products. Even fodder, which has a huge amount of different minerals, vitamins and nutrients, does not help to grow healthy bird without adding a living product.
Regarding the diet, farmers are advised to feed chicks up to 9 times a day, gradually reducing the number to 5-6 meals per day.
It should not be forgotten about the provision of birds with clean and fresh water, which is better to pour in special drinkers. This caution is guaranteed to preserve the dryness of feathers, which is so insufficient for turkeys at an early age. After all, taking care of your body broilers begin only with two-week age. A moist body with a slight overcooling can lead not only to illness but also to the fatal outcome.
Diseases of broiler turkeys
At proper care, birds are not susceptible to severe illnesses, but viral infections can pick up. Failure to do so in temperature mode or abusive ventilation can cause a phenomenon when birds sneeze. This symptom usually informs about a cold and a show to the veterinarian - a mandatory condition for the survival of the entire population of turkeys.
The common diseases of broiler turkeys are:
- Respiratory mycoplasmosis. Colds disease with a pronounced tendency to sneeze affects birds in the cold season with fairly high humidity indoors. Treated with antibiotics under the strict control of the veterinarian.
- Tuberculosis. A dangerous illness is practically non-curable, but it can be prevented by effective preventive measures. The prevention of the disease consists in the absolute cleanliness of the premises, birds and eggs.
- Histomonosis. They suffer the most from chicks because of insufficient compliance with hygiene rules for the care of turkeys. The removal of parasites is carried out by a professional veterinarian with the help of special drugs.
- Helminths. It is an insidious infectious disease, because the initial stage of infection is not visible from the outside. Typically, breeding chickens of broiler turkeys are appealing to physicians already when the birds have severe livestock and weakness in their legs.
- PoxIt manifests itself as a rash on non-porous parts of the body, transmitted from insects. This disease can not be curable, so the diseased bird needs to be isolated and destroyed.
Turkeys of the broiler type are prone to many diseases, not all of which can be cured. But with proper care, with all the rules of bird breeding grow healthy and fattening.