Appeal for the results of UDI-2018: how to submit and raise points?
- 12 Nov 05:00
- Tips For Home
Many graduates graduating from EDI will sigh with relief, leaving behind a difficult and nervous period of training, extra occupations, worries and experiences about how the test will take place. It is time to wait for the results and hope for the best when entering the chosen university.However, there is also another category of schoolchildren - boys who disagree with the EDI score and believe that they actually scored more points, and the assessment put forward by the members of the commission does not reflect their real level of knowledge.
Graduates who wish to challenge EDI's results may appeal - a procedure designed to protect the rights of examiners. Whether to appeal or not - a personal matter of everyone. On the one hand, this is an additional stress. But sometimes two or three points can become decisive when entering a university of dreams or enrolling in a budget place, so that the student is ready to fight to the end, denying the points displayed.
Of course, a competent appeal to the commission is not just a scandal over what you have unfairly appreciated. To be successful, you need not only to be sure of the correctness of your answers, but also to be able to communicate with the members of the commission, to timely and correctly submit the application, as well as to clearly understand what aspects of the work can be challenged. Let's learn about all the nuances of this process, so that if necessary, you were fully equipped!
If you do not consider UDI to be fair, they can be challenged!
In which cases can an appeal be filed?
At a time when the EDI was only part of the all-Russian practice, it was believed that such an appeal is a vain thing. The Commission was reluctant to publish works for acquaintance, and third parties, including even parents of schoolchildren, were not allowed to attend the procedure. Moreover, students were frightened that the commission could revise EDI results only in the direction of lowering points, and that not all graduates were ready to go at that risk.
Today, the appeal is not so complicated. The main thing here is to understand what you disagree with and how to proceed. In Russian practice of issuing EDI there are two variants of appeals:
- denied the very procedure of examination, the violation of which led to the fact that you failed to write the exam as successfully as possible. For example, such a case is the lack of draft forms for students. An appeal must be filed immediately after the exam and, as practice shows, it is satisfied;
- challenging scores earned by EDI - such appeals most often affect items of a humanitarian nature. Many students challenge the results of works on Russian language, literature, and social science. Exact items are rarely challenged. This appeal must be filed after the announcement of the exam results. It is necessary to write a statement within two days after the result is brought to your notice.
The appeal statement is written to the Conflict Commission - a special structure created to protect the rights of students. It is worth remembering that the limits of authority of this body do not include issues such as:
- rating, put forward for solving problems that provide a brief answer - in this part of Kim's interpretation of nothing, so that the written word, combination of words or the number is simply evaluated on the fact of theircorrectness;
- violations that were admitted by the student. To deny the fact that you were sent outside the door because of a conversation with a neighbor or a writer will not surely come out;
- missed points due to the fact that the student misidentified the work, confused the lines of writing the answer to the exam paper, and so on. The student's carelessness remains only in his conscience;
- rating rough form. Even if you wrote a great work, but did not have time to rewrite it in the form of responses, to require checking this letter in vain. At the exam immediately warn that the draft exists only for the personal convenience of the entrant, but not verified by members of the commission.
When and how is the appeal?
The timetable for conducting the EDI, as well as the terms for filing appeals and their consideration, will be published by Rosobornadzor by mid-January. Based on the practice of past years, it can be said that usually an appeal is scheduled 2-3 days after the receipt of applications( but not later than on the 4th working day).For example, if the results of the exam were announced on June 14, then no later than June 15-16, you will need to apply for an appeal, and the procedure itself will be assigned a 17-20 number.
If the examination procedure has been violated, you will be allowed to rewrite it
Appeal in case of violation of the order of the ASI
As already mentioned above, this application must be submitted immediately on the day of the exam - until the student leaves the examination class. It is necessary to write a statement in two copies - the first of them goes to the conflict commission, and the second - remains in the student. The graduate must make sure that the member of the examination committee places a statement on the application stating that the document has been accepted for review. The appeal procedure is carried out under the mandatory presence of certain persons, which include:
- organizers who were not part of the examiners;
- specialists responsible for the technical part( for example, CCTV in the classroom);
- public observers;
- security officers;
- medical staff.
The application must be registered in a special journal and reviewed within two days after filing. The time, place and time of the procedure must be communicated to the student and his parents or legal guardians.
As a result, the commission can meet the requirements of the student, or vice versa - to decide that they have no grounds for satisfaction. A positive decision of the commission means that the result of the work will be canceled, and the student can rewrite the EDI - for this purpose, special days are scheduled. If the decision is negative, the test result remains unchanged.
Appeal in case of disagreement with the received points
This type of appeal must be filed within two working days after the announcement of the results of the EDI from the subject. As in the previous case, it will be necessary to write two copies of the application, sending one of them to the conflict commission( through the school principal or its authorized officer), and the second one leaving. The application must be marked with a note that it is accepted for consideration and drawn up in a form. Requires a form with 1-AP encoding.
Note: If an appeal is filed by a person who graduated from the school before the current school year, it should be given to the employee who represents the place of your registration at the EDI.
The decision to conduct an appeal must be taken not later than within 4 working days after receipt of such a statement by the conflict committee. Each application is undergoing a registration procedure, and information about the date, time and place of appeal is communicated to the student( his parents or guardians).If the student is still 18 years old, lawful representatives can appeal without a student. To appear in the specified place is required with a passport and a pass.
Memo: in which cases and how to file an appeal on the results of EDI
The student must show the package of documents and the written statement of the commission on the subject. At this stage, you need to be particularly careful: the student must sign up that scanned or written work, audio files with answers and minutes of the oral part of the exam are yours. Members of the Appeals Panel should give a clear answer as to why certain points were displayed. The procedure takes no more than 20 minutes per student. As a result of this measure, the commission may decide:
- to reject the student's requirements and save the points placed, if no technical or other errors were identified during the assessment process;
- to satisfy the appeal statement and to change the points if errors in the technical part or in the evaluation procedure were found. However, it is worth remembering that scores can be viewed on both sides( enlarged or reduced).
How to behave on an appeal?
Students who previously faced the appeal procedure formulated a number of useful tips and recommendations for graduates from 2017/2018.So - how to improve your chances for a favorable outcome of the procedure?
- Go for an appeal with your mom, dad or other adult who may represent your interests. Yesterday's schoolboy is likely to be lost in the face of a conflict commission. In addition, he can give an answer without any specifics. Mom, dad or another close person will help you feel much more confident, and their thoughts and arguments can play a decisive role in the dispute.
- Insist on checking the work in your presence. Quite often, graduates say that work has already been re-tested, and the commission decided to leave the summary unchanged. Remember that this situation is grossly violating your rights - an absentee appeal is possible only if the student and his representatives simply did not appear on the procedure. The final decision on the work must be taken in the presence of the appellant, and the members of the commission must explain each shot.
- Do not leave the place of the appeal until a complete explanation of the work and the decision of the commission is given. All sub-scores must meet the criteria for evaluating the work, so do not accept the general wording as a response to the fact that the scores for the CIM are decidedly high enough. Until you are satisfied with the explanation for each shot, do not sign the documents on the appeal.
- Do not give up halfway. If you have decided on an appeal, then you lose, in fact, nothing. If you are trying to intimidate, the commission does not give clear answers, and the procedure is far from objectivity, you can file for the second appeal( federal nature).In such a procedure, the work is sent to a re-check, and the new commission does not know how many points you have counted last time. Of course, this is not an unambiguous chance of success, but you will definitely know that they have done everything possible.
- Do not be afraid of this procedure. Much of the students who are not satisfied with their results are simply afraid to go on appeal, so as not to lose extra points. Of course, if the member of the commission finds additional errors when checking, the points can be viewed in a downward direction. However, if you look at the statistics of appeals, then you can see the following figures: the commission of the Tomsk region only in 2015, adopted a positive decision on 25% of all appeals. The same percentage of positive results was registered and in the Tyumen region - out of 900 appellants, only eight lowered the points. The commission, which had sat in the Khabarovsk region, raised the estimates of the third of the applicants who applied, and the rest remained at their points.
- Lead yourself calmly and confidently. Take this procedure as an opportunity to defend your position, rather than finding out relationships in high tones. If you're grumbling, screaming or rushing with accusations and threats, you're unlikely to come along.
What should I do before the day of the appeal?
Check your work and make sure you really did not make mistakes!
It is clear that passing such an exciting procedure as an appeal will require some moral and psychological preparation. In this case, some helpful tips will help you:
- refresh your memory work. After the publicity of the points of work of pupils exposed in their personal offices. Carefully familiarize yourself with the criteria for placing points in order to understand how objectively you consider the decision of the commission on each item;
- , go to a subject teacher or tutor who is preparing for EDI - they will help you sort out ambiguous points and give you tips on how to behave and explain your thoughts. In some cases, teachers can prove to you that there is no mistake, so do not waste time and nerves on appeals;
- for each item that you do not agree with, in advance, formulate the exact question to the commission so that the conversation is substantive, and you could explain why a particular argument, quotation, analogy or characteristic was applied. The argument, supported by concrete facts, looks more weighty.
Finally I would like to say that even if your points left unchanged, you should not be sad and upset. Did not meet the expectations of the points for EDI - this is not the end of the world and not branded, because even the most intelligent guys can make mistakes if too pereennuvnichayut on the exam. There are many years of university education ahead, during which you will be able to prove your level of readiness, as well as to demonstrate the mind and the talent.