Lincomycin for cats: reviews, instructions for use, contraindications - Morkoto about cats and cats
- 06 Nov 20:45
- Animal Care
What to do if a cat gets ill and simple methods do not help her? It's time to put heavy artillery.
Antibiotic Lincomycin for cats is the exact salvo of a number of bacteria that threaten the health of a cat or a cat.
- Instructions for use
- Advantages and disadvantages
- Product reviews
Instructions for use of the drug Lincomycin for cats
Active ingredient - lincomycin in the form of hydrochloride monohydrate.
This substance is active in:
Veterinarians prescribe this antibiotic to cats at:
- respiratory diseases;
- problems of the genitourinary system;
- at abscesses;
- at infected wounds;
- with secondary bacterial infections with panleukopenia, pneumonia, rhinotracheitis.
You can expect that an antibiotic will occur if you make a prick according to the instructions.
Lincomycin is administered intramuscularly. Regardless of the weight of the pet, the single dose is 1 ml. The course of treatment is determined by the veterinarian, usually Lincomycin is pricked from three days to a week.
Read also: Reviews of Vitamins for cats.
The Advantages and Disadvantages of
A widespread problem is probably the main disadvantage of Lincomycin. This is offset by its benefits:
- The highest concentration of antibiotic in the blood comes half an hour after its introduction into an animal;
- Maximum concentration is kept for up to 6 hours;
- The therapeutic effect lasts for 24 hours;
- Lincomycin is well absorbed from the insertion point;
- Rapidly enters all organs and tissues, including bone tissue;
- Is excreted in the body during urination.
- Individual intolerance to the active ingredient.
- Lactation phase;
- Liver Disease;
- Kidney Disease.
- Allergic manifestations;
- Reducing leukocytes in the blood( leukopenia);
- Blood thrombocyte reduction( thrombocytopenia);
- Fungal Candida infection;
- Intestinal disorder;
- Reduced blood pressure( with an overly rapid introduction of the drug);
Read also: Soothing remedies for cats.
Reviews about the drug Lincomycin for cats
Nikita: "Our cat unsuccessfully jumped from the refrigerator and broke the pelvic bone. We secured a good veterinary hospital and, of course, did an operation in it. After surgery, our doctor prescribed Vasyl the Lincomycin course. Columns themselves are strictly in accordance with the instructions. Complications after surgery were not. "
Katerina: "My cat is seventeen and a half years old. Of course, the problems of its age have not passed. Recently, for example, I had to remove my teeth, as there was a severe gingivitis, which could not be cured anymore. In order to have no complications, she was prescribed injections of antibiotics in 1 ml. I initially decided that it was some kind of human dose and was frightened, but after reading the reviews, I realized that the usual dose for cats. In some instructions, by the way, advise cats to stomach and 2 ml at once, but I do not advise risk ".
David: "Mum's cat suffered from inflammation of the lungs and, as we understood, Lincomycin was the main drug that fought pneumonia. No, the doctor prescribed a few more medicines, but we understand that when it comes to inflammation of the lungs, the main thing is antibiotics. In our case, the drug has shown itself well. "
Read also about the preparations:
- Kit Baiun;
- The cost of a bottle-50 ml - 425 rubles( 195 UAH);
- 100 ml of the drug - 510 rubles( 235 USD).
An antibiotic is conducted in Moscow by ZAO Mosagrog http: //www.mosagrogen.org/.
Since Lincomycin is essentially a human preparation, its analogues should be sought not in veterinary pharmacies.
- Dalacin C;