How to make cubes for chickens with your own hands
- 04 Nov 23:00
Although the chickens are mostly kept in cages and in small rooms, you may need a cell for temporary winter retention of birds or for a brief hold of several pairs. To do this, of course, you do not need to buy anything, since it is possible to makecages for the cubes with your own hands. As? Find out with us.
- 1 What should be wildlife cages?
- 2 Preparing for the production of
- 3 Step-by-step instructions
- 4 Video "The crowned-lander in the cage"
What should be the cages for wild birds?
If you are seriously interested in the breeding and cultivation of these birds, then you have repeatedly met the information that the cell is not the best house for quail. Yes, it is. For long-term maintenance and as the main place of breeding they are not very suitable, as in contrast to the cage is far from the natural habitat of birds. We do not forget that the quail is, first of all, wild birds, which requires special attention.
But this does not mean that such a house can not be used at all. If you do not have the opportunity to make a comfortable enclosure, you can also make a cage, but for special rules. It must meet the basic requirements:
- Be lifted from the ground by 60-80 centimeters. This is due to the fact that the partridges are vulnerable birds not only to drafts and dampness, but also to parasites. Such a high house will protect against infection by helminths through the litter.
- If you have several cells( gardens), then the distance between them should be at least 1 meter.
- It should have approximate dimensions: length - 200 centimeters, height - 50 meters, width - 60 centimeters.
- It is imperative that the entire front wall and, if possible, the upper should be mesh for good ventilation.
In different countries, bacon contains various types of cages and precipitation. For example, in many farms of France for these birds it is accepted to erect mesh cages raised above the ground about 70 centimeters. The side walls of such houses are made of plywood or plastic, the floor - mesh with a cell 1 x 1 centimeter, the ceiling is made of fine mesh and covered with sheet of plastic. In such enclosures contain up to 50 birds at the rate of 3 individuals per square meter.
In Hungary, for example, wild birds at home are kept in the floor openings with planted walls and mesh top. Outside the period of breeding in such creepers live on five individuals, separately females from males. In Italy, chickpeas are grown in battery cages for common chickens. As we see, the concept of the content and cultivation of these "beauties" in many foreign countries are approaching differently. Our experience of bird breeding still shows that it is better to grow bacon in cages or special raised cats.
Preparing for the manufacture of
So, in order to make cubes for the cubes with your own hands, first of all, you need to prepare the necessary material and tools. How much to take the material, it depends on how many cubs will live in the cage and how many of you have a livestock. It is best to count 1 square meter for three individuals. For construction we will need:
- wooden beams or boards;
- plywood sheets;
- mesh with small cell for walls and ceiling, with medium - for the floor;
- wood processing tools;
Drawings with cell sizes for chickens with their own hands
For more details on how this cell should look like, see the photo and the drawing. Good luck!
Video "Vincenose Mistress in a Cage"
In this video, on the example of the Don Zoo Nursery Boris Kravchka, you will be able to see how the crocused partridges live in the cage. Find out what space should look like and how a house might look like.