Baku Pigeons: description of the species, photo and video
- 03 Nov 05:15
Baku Military Pigeons is a breed that has high combat qualities and various types of games. On the territory of the former USSR are widely distributed due to their excellent abilities and unpretentiousness, the ability to adapt to virtually any climate. What doesrepresent as a pigeon of this breed, what does it look like, what features does it have?
The distinctive features of the Baku doves are the high quality of the battle and a beautiful flight.
- 1 A little bit of history
- 2 Features of the breed
- 3 What are
- 4 Disadvantages of
- 5 Years and the game
- 6 A variety of colors
- 7 Nuances of training
- 8 Summary
A bit of history
The homeland of the doves of the Banks, as well as some mammals -Persia. After all, the northern part of the republic of Azerbaijan belonged to Iran, but in 1818 it became the territory of the Russian Empire. There, the formation of the appearance and flying ability of the bird took place on the basis of ancient Iranian pigeons.
But the modern achievements and the final appearance of a pigeon have reached the territory of Soviet Azerbaijan. Baku was the most enthusiast enthused by the bird. Each pigeon-family family dynasty by generations tried to develop the best breed qualities, rigorously selecting the most capable breeders and vigorously training youngsters. As a result, the breed acquired valuable features:
- disease resistance;
- high adaptive abilities;
- fast food adaptation;
- flight duration and flight, high-quality combat and skillful game play.
Baku pigeons are unpretentious in care, well adapt to the conditions of keeping and diverse feeds.
Due to the Baku-lovers, the breed has achieved high performance in sports achievements, because the main attention was paid to the development and improvement of these particular rice. Pigeons of Azerbaijan widely spread in the Caucasus, Krasnodar and central Russia.
Peculiarities of the breed
Amateur dancers gave their heart to the Baku doves not only for beauty and unpretentiousness. Most of all attracts their fascinating beautiful battle. If you devote enough time to workout, enthusiastically engaged in breeding, this quality will develop more and more. To teach some pigeons to fly so much, sometimes a year goes by. There are also especially capable individuals who master science in a month. Everything will depend on the hereditary qualities of the bird.
Flight explorers are evaluated by several criteria:
- how long a bird can be in the air;
- is a masterly pigeon "playing";
- is orientated during the summer;
- in the breadth of the color spectrum of the plumage.
To be more precise about their vitality and endurance, they are not inferior to even sports breeds.
Professional breeders appreciate the Baku pigeons for the high quality of the battle.
The breed is well reproduced in the middle of the climate, and the Baku people are also excellent. A dove is capable of carrying eggs even during the period of molting. The breeder should know this and prevent depletion of the body of the female: from the cage should remove all that will be needed for the pigeons to construct the nest.
? The first breed species appeared in the 50's of the last century. Compared to modern pigeons, their appearance did not impress. The coloration was inconvenient, the bird was already hovering, and short legs did not add sophistication and grace on the go. But in the air they could watch for hours. And now experienced dandelions claim that the best battle and years in the polar bird is not a beauty.
Crossing the excellent birds in the color of the inside of the breed, the pigeons brought out various species. The Baku people are struck by the variety of suits. You can find purely white variations of color, dots, chubby, black;with amber and cherry eyes. Among them there are many lobsters of pigeons, and there are holodonic individuals. However, in any case, their main purpose - the ability to fly long and high, show themselves in battle.
But past decades, and the breed has changed, fans of the Baku doves have worked on their appearance and color, but the flying qualities of the pigeon have not lost. Despite the variety of colors, the Baku people are united by the general characteristics of the breed.
- Value. It varies in the range of 34-37 cm.
- Chairman. The correct oval shape is covered with smooth feathers, some species have bangs. The transition to the beak is a smooth, rounded neck, and the crown is rectangular.
- BeakStraight and thin, slightly curved down, up to 2.5 cm long
- Neck. Not too short, gracefully bends.
- Body. Proportional and dense, spindle-shaped, muscular and durable.
- Back. In the area of the shoulders wide, to the tail extended.
- Wings. Tightly pressed against the body, the long ends come across, but do not cross, the tail fever is horizontally.
- Feathers. Smooth, adhere to the body.
- EyesAlive and shiny, the eyelids are thin, narrow.
Thanks to the efforts of breeders, the Baku Pigeons acquired an attractive appearance.
The pigeons of Krasnodar made their contribution to the improvement of the appearance and exterior of the doves of the Baku people. From the seventies to the nineties of the last century, they intensively engaged in improving the aesthetic qualities of the breed. There were new variants of coloring and exterior, the body elongated, became more proportional, the head - sushi and more elegant, the chest stood up. The beak also became longer, there were white eyelids.
But Krasnodar breeders are too fond of beauty, without paying close attention to the sacrificial qualities of the bird, and their bright hands were inferior to the predecessors of Baku.
Like all breeds, offspring do not always meet the standards. If some flaws are allowed, then a separate part of them makes the breeders mercilessly discard the livestock. What weaknesses are considered insignificant?
- If the crown has a slight bulge.
- Eyes of the body color.
- There is no bend on the neck.
Pigeon will not enter the breeding group and will not be taken to continue the offspring, if it has:
- bent back;
- shortened body or beak;
- raised forehead or head;
- is not long or wide neck;
- feathers on fingers;
- large and hilly wax;
- too convex breast;
- short wings, tail;
- is not welcome and too long tail feathers;
- feathers do not close the wings.
Short body, wings and tail indicate poor quality of the breed of the Baku pigeons.
Lowered wings or fluffy plumage indicate the pain of a bird, lack of nutrients, so this look is also considered a vice.
Years and the game
of the Baku Pigeons in flight can not be confused with any other breeds, they have a lot of flying pictures. Flying is not crowded, but crowded, every bird, showing the game, is kept separately. Above the earth rises very high, turning into barely noticeable dots, sometimes becoming completely invisible. But if you deal with pigeons, they are well guided and always return home. Sometimes they find their nest even hundreds of kilometers.
In the flight, the pigeon can stay for a very long time: from 2 to 12 hours, they even say: "defended the day in the mountain."
In the game of pigeons, the main indicator - the purity and correctness of the exit in the pillar, requires at least 2 or 3 shifts with strikes.
There are several types of pigeon battles.
- "With the exit to the pillar".This is called a game, when in the air a bird waves waves with noise. The pigeon rises upright, then instantly throws back his head and rolls over. The moment is also accompanied by loud cotton wings, hence the name of the trick comes from. In many pigeons, the first exit is accompanied by a cascade of climbs and flips. When you take off at 15 m there are sometimes up to 10 climbs and revolutions.
- "Pillar with screw".In this case, the pigeon goes by the boat, with a whip, too, a click is heard.
- "The Fighting Battle".The peculiarity of this game is characterized by gradual flight, the bird, hanging in the air, turns over and rises again. Salts in this case are not so fast, but they are also illustrated by the wings clicks.
The breed of this breed may stay in the air for up to 12 hours in a row.
Sometimes a pigeon plays by flying horizontally, or by way of "sliding on shuttles," but for the Baku breed it is considered a disadvantage. The main thing is that a dove does not fly by the other, for a truly beautiful game, an important individual flight.
For those who want to succeed in cultivating the Baku people, the most capable individuals will cut their wings so that they do not disappear, taking a long distances in bad weather. To this Baku, bad weather is not an obstacle, a cool pigeon does not know fatigue and very fond of flying.
Variety of colors
The range of color variations in the Baku pigeons is quite wide, ranging from pure white to black and bronze. Let's describe several types of coloring of a breed.
- Agbash. The view has a different suit, but the head is necessarily white. Among them there are representatives with bare legs, as well as there are lobsters, you can see glubokogolovyh and blubber individuals.
- Pigeon Black-tailed. Usually birds are monochrome of different colors, but in any case the tail feathers are colored black or red.
- White Tank Pigeons. This is a group of representatives of the breed, united in white. It is believed that they are superior to the flight-mortal qualities of other suits.
- Mirror Pigeons. Another subspecies of the Bakuites, for which it is characterized by a symmetrical drawing of feathers, is among them with colored sides and tails.
- Baku Pigeon Chilies. There is a black and red color only with a colored head, rashes and brushes on the legs, usually a black pen with white inlays. There are also blubber species among them. The thighs in this species are dense and thick, cast on the neck and chest with purple.
- Marble Pigeons. Externally reminiscent of chili, but the color is dazzling, that is, alternating feathers of different colors. Due to this peculiarity pigeons look very unusual. In young individuals, rare inclusions are lighter, but after the molten dying, the colors become satier, indicating the maturity of the bird. The color of the paint is darker, so the pigeon is older.
Marble pigeon pigeons have a special feature: their color is related to the floor.
Marble pigeons are able to combine only with the dove of their breed.
For example, a marble dove from a single-colored partner will receive the offspring of its color only in males. When the male has homozygous genes, and his girlfriend of another color, the chicks will all be marble. If it does not have homozygosity, the color of the chicks will alternate regardless of sex.
- Pigeon Cervix. The color of the pigeons is often white, eyes are cherry, they are not there forever. A neck without a characteristic bend, there is a bright spot behind it. Color options may be reddish, zizi, black, yellow, in the tail there are also several colored feathers. Chubby cervix is rare.
- Mushrooms. The species was erected in the early 20th century by the Schmidt breeder. The creator tried to preserve all the advantages of the Baku people, but brought out a completely new type of pigeons with a monotonous light plumage and a bright color on the zygote. In the front, the typical tide of the neck is preserved. Chubchik for the gourds - a phenomenon often, in the rear it is necessarily painted, but in the front it remains white.
Yellow pigeon is rarely seen, the color is unusual for indigenous people of Baku, it is a product of breeders of Krasnodar. Normally, the so-called lagoons or necks with yellow spots on the neck are called.
The Baku people of these colors are popular in Russia, as beautiful, unusual, valued for unpretentious and adaptable to different climatic conditions.
Yellow Pigeon is extremely rarely seen, and is highly appreciated by the breeders.
Nuances of training
Pigeons of Azerbaijan won their fame for flight quality and a beautiful and long battle. But how to succeed, what is needed for this?
- In order for the valuable property to develop in full, it is important to pay special attention to training and high-quality nutrition. After all, young birds need a lot of effort for persistent engagement.
- Golubivniki believe that it is not necessary to delay with the beginning of training: the sooner to send a young pigeon years, the better. Already in 30 - 40 days begin to accustom the young to the flights. Sometimes they start workout and later, by the end of the two-month age, it depends on the conditions of keeping and the physical condition of the bird. If you delay learning, it will be harder to achieve the result. And it's not a fact that attempts at all are crowned with success.
- If the Baku slaughterers start to beat too early, about 15 days after take-off, then after molting a year later, they can change the style of the game. The best results for those individuals who started the game in 5 or 7 months.
- At first, a young man fails to get the right turn, he falls to the tail and loses his height, after two months he will turn around, assimilate the correct elements of the battle.
- The game of the game in the Baku Pigeon will finally be formed to 2 or 3 years, before the breeder is not sure that the game's style will not change after the molting. Therefore, only believed birds are taken to the tribe to maintain valuable qualities. In this case, the progeny will pass the ability of parents.
- A young man who does not hit starts a big batch of 20 birds at once, but experts recommend that they produce at most 7 or 8 birds at a time. When they have one style of play, you can dance and double the size.
To help young pigeons learn to return home at the first call, breeders in Baku do not feed them a little before summer.
In winter, birds are kept under the lock, because the changing weather is capable of destroying valuable birds, so it's easier for them to get into the paws of a hawk. In the period of feeding the youngsters do this too is not recommended, as pigeons leave the nest for a long time.
For a good fight of pigeons it is necessary to train for a long time and thoroughly.
- The breed of the Baku pigeons has been formed on the territory of Azerbaijan.
- This enduring and unpretentious bird is famous for its slaughter qualities.
- Pigeons of Azerbaijan have different colors and appearance.
- Only through careful training and selection selection, you can achieve high results in battle and the game of pigeons.