Trachionii - causes, symptoms, diagnostics, treatment, photos
- 24 Jun 12:45
- Disease Of The Skin
Trachioniyia is a polyethyologic( has many causes) syndrome, which is characterized by a change in the appearance of the nail plate. The nails of the patients become dull, rough to the touch, covered with longitudinal grooves and scales. Due to the typical appearance of the, the nail plate Trachiochyia acquired a second name - "sandy" nails.
- 1 Causes of development of
- 2 Clinical picture of
- 3 Methods of diagnosis
- 4 Treatment of
- 5 Treatment of folk remedies
- 6 Forecast and prevention of
- 7 Photo
Causes of development of
As already mentioned, there are many different causes and factors that result in the action of trachyonios.
Factors that can negatively affect the condition of the nails and trigger the development of trachyonias:
- Immunodeficiency states;
- Hormonal Failure;
- Violation of exchange processes;
- Strong Stress.
Iodopathic, that is, has an unknown origin of trachyonia occurs in childhood. This disease affects all nail plates - both on the arms and legs. The disease starts suddenly at the age of 1 year or a little later.
Traumatic Trachyonium. This type of disease develops with a systematic adverse effect on the nail. For example, with constant contact of nail plates with chemicals. Sometimes "sandy" nails are the result of the use of poor-quality varnish or constant use of acetone instead of soft washings for varnish.
Symptomatic trachyonium or "sandy" nails is a consequence of various skin or systemic diseases. Often, the characteristic changes in the nail plate are associated with diseases such as red flat lichen, eczema of different etiologies, psoriasis, limited neurodermatitis, etc.
Clinical picture of
The main symptomatic trachyonias:
- Sealing the nail plate, increasing its thickness;
- The surface of the nail changes the structure, becomes rough, loses its shine.
- There are longitudinal grooves on the nails, as in the case of longitudinal melanogenesis;
- Many patients with trachyonias on the nail plate can observe numerous defects in the form of point insertions. The nail looks like it was torn with a shill. Sometimes there may be a pancreastic hematoma.
- Distal( acting on the nail bed), the part of the nail is often cracked, sharks and evil appear on it.
- Often, the shape of the nail varies, most often, by the type of colonial syndrome. That is, the nail, which in the normal state has a convex form, with trachyoniiii flexes inside, getting a shape of a spoon.
- The underlying tissues with trachyonias are not altered.
With trachyoniii the basis of diagnosis is the study of the symptoms of the disease, history collection and analysis. It is important to distinguish trachyonii from fungal lesions of the nails, so it is mandatory to conduct an analysis to detect the fungus. For this purpose it is taken to study a scraper from a nail plate or a piece of nail.
Diagnosis of trachyonias may include histological studies. For this analysis a biopsy of the nail bed tissue is performed. In histological examination with trachyonii there is spongiosis( intercellular edema) of the nail bed and matrix and parekeratosis( pathology of the process of keratinization of cells).
Treatment of trachyonias is a complex task, it includes two directions:
- Symptomatic treatment aimed at improving the appearance of the nail;
- Treatment of skin or systemic disease, which provoked the development of changes in the nail plate.
More complicated, the idiopathic trachyonias are subject to treatment, as the causes of its occurrence are unknown, therefore, it is necessary to confine itself to symptomatic therapy only.
In the event that dystrophic changes in the nails are caused by the influence of external factors, it is important to exclude contact with negative factors - to work in gloves, to apply protective coating on the nail, etc. The same recommendations need to be observed when it is inhospital.
Symptomatic nail treatment is to regularly apply nail creams to the affected nails, giving a softening effect.
In the event that the trachyoniasis is caused by droplet psoriasis or other illness, the main effort should be directed to the treatment of a provoking anemia. In this form of trachyoniii it is recommended to use the following treatment scheme:
- Nail application of creams, which include corticosteroids. These are drugs such as Trichyamcinolone, Triacort, prednisolone ointment, etc.
- Use of drugs containing vitamins of the group D - Dayvonex, calcitriene and others.
- Costs of dermatotropic action - Mikanol, Antraline, etc.
- External retinoids - Tazorak, Tazaroten and others.
In addition, systemic retinoids( for example, Acetretin), vitamin-mineral complexes may be prescribed.
For patients recommend regular nail care:
- Nail clipping is required.
- In everyday life and at work you should try to reduce the number of possible injuries to nail plates to a minimum. That is, try to use protective gloves or fingertips more often.
- It is forbidden to apply decorative varnishes on the nails, to carry out extensions and other cosmetic procedures that can damage the nails.
Treatment of folk remedies
With trachyonii you can actively use folk remedies.
Patient nails should be regularly oiled with sea buckthorn oil. Oil must be thoroughly rubbed into the plate at least three times a day. In addition, it is recommended to take a teaspoon of oil inside. Similarly, you can use horseradish oil.
Well-cooled oatmeal trays are very helpful. Flour can be prepared from flakes "Hercules", rescued them in blender or coffee grinder. The flour is diluted to a liquid cup with warm water and used for holding 20-minute trays. After such a bath it is good to rub the nail oil solution of vitamin A.
It is not bad help with trachyoniii baths for nails, cooked with the addition of such herbs, as the root of aire, celandine, oak bark, St. John's wort. You can cook decoctions from each grass individually, or mix all grasses in equal quantities and cook decoctions from a mixture of raw materials.
If it is possible to find netrabi grass, it can be used to treat trachyoniii. Carefully chopped grass is boiled with boiling water( the amount of grass should be equal to the volume of water).After the infusion becomes warm, use the grass for compresses on the affected nails. Keep this compress for twenty minutes, then rinse with warm water and grease nails with any oil.
Forecast and prevention of
The prognosis of the disease depends on the causes that led to the development of trachyonias. The easiest way to cope with a disease that is caused by the influence of external factors on the nail. In this case, it is enough millet to exclude harmful effects and use softeners.
For symptomatic or idiopathic trachyonii, the prognosis is uncertain. In the first case, it depends on the success of the treatment of the underlying disease. With trachyonii of unknown origin, treatment is usually ineffective, but often spontaneous recovery is observed.
Prophylaxis of trachyonii is to protect nails from harmful effects and to timely treat skin and systemic diseases that can lead to nail defects.