What to give a dog from diarrhea: you can, human, diarrhea, drugs
- 29 Oct 17:15
- Animal Care
Dog diarrhea can occur as a consequence of poisoning, and also be a symptom of any serious illness.
Not every owner knows what to give the dog a dog, so it's very important to contact a vet.
- How Does
- Diarrhea Manifestation of
- Disease in Acute Form
- Transferred to Chronic Form
- Why Does a Problem Between Pupil
- Useful Video on
- What to Use for Diarrhea Treatment
- Medicines for the Treatment of
- Treat at Home
- Whatfeed dog during diarrhea
- Effective prevention measures
It is necessary to know that such a reaction of the digestive tract suggests that the animal's organism has internal problems that should be manifested. Lay and timely treat.
diarrhea manifests itself All the symptoms of the disease are directly related to its neglect and severity. Diarrhea may have the following manifestations:
All of these features may occur either on their own or in any combination.
If at least one of these manifestations has been seen in the animal, then it should be shown to the specialist.
Blood allocation puppies
If diarrhea involves the inclusion of blood clots, then it is likely to be a sign of serious pathology. In this case, you must take the dog as soon as possible to the doctor.
Diseases accompanied by this sign:
As a rule, pupils are faced with an acute form of diarrhea. It manifests itself suddenly and usually has a short-term character. Acute diarrhea in dogs does not last longer than three weeks, but from this it is not considered less dangerous illness and it needs to be treated in a timely manner.
Causes of acute diarrhea are the same as those that cause normal stomach upset. Among the symptoms can be called liquid stool masses, sometimes they can be a blood splash.
In this condition, the dog often urinates, resulting in a large amount of fluid lost, which leads to significant dehydration of the body.
Transferred to the chronic form of
If the diarrhea in a dog lasts three or more weeks, it is a question of a chronic process. In this case, feces often show mucus or blood.
The main reason for the development of such a pathology is the traumatic lesion of the stomach mucosa or the eating of poor quality food. Sometimes chronic diarrhea can cause some diseases that are of parasitic nature, as well as infectious origin.
In the event of prolonged diarrhea, the weight of the body decreases, appetite becomes worse, fatigue decreases or hair falls, the dog ceases to enjoy life.
Why there is a problem with
pupils Normal bowel movements may cause various causes, for example, they include:
- sharp change of feed;
- feeding the animal with low-quality food;
- defeats the dog with different pathogenic bacteria;
- penetration into the intestines and other parts of the digestive system of the pet of small objects;
- chronic diseases of the internal organs and systems( renal failure, liver disease, spleen);
- multiplication in the dog's parasite organism;
- toxic chemical damage;
- development of infectious disease;
- is an allergic response to some foreign substances or foods;
- damage to stomach casts by foreign objects;
- lack of gastric juice in normal amounts;
- deficiency in the organism of the pet's mineral salts and vitamins;
- disturbs the normal functioning of the intestine, as well as the pancreas;
- is a cancer of some organs of the digestive system( mainly this disease occurs in older dogs).
Before starting to treat this pathology you need to reliably determine the cause of its occurrence. Only after all the diagnostic procedures can take all necessary measures to save the health, and, possibly, the life of the pupil.
Useful video on topic
What to use to treat diarrhea
When the first symptoms occur, you need to bring the animal to a veterinary hospital or use a doctor's services at home. The veterinarian will appoint the necessary medication after the cause of the illness is established.
Medicines for the treatment of
Frequently the question arises of giving a dog a diuretic of human medicines. This is unacceptable because you can not calculate the dosage.
List of required funds:
All listed medicines should only be prescribed by a veterinarian and only after the animal has been carefully examined by .You can not use any drugs for treating the animal yourself.
Treat at home
If you can not contact your veterinarian, you can help your dog to defeat the disease by using effective but safe and gentle means.
What can you give a dog for diarrhea:
How to feed a dog during diarrhea
During an illness, the animal usually feels bad. If the dog refuses to eat, it is impossible to feed her due to the strength. In this case, the pet should drink in large quantities.
Nutrition rules to be followed during an illness:
- on the first day of a sick animal is better not fed at all, and if the appetite in the dog still is, then she can give a little boiled rice;
- for the second day you can connect sour-milk products, so that the digestive process is normal;
- if the condition of the animal began to improve, then on the third day you can enter the menu of foods with a small amount of fat - boiled eggs, fish, chicken meat.
During all three days, the puppy can be cooked with rice.
It is important to always remember that a sick animal needs plentiful drinking. Even the simple water in this case will serve as medicine, as well as good tea sugar, rice broth, infusion of medicinal herbs.
Effective prevention measures
As animal prevention measures, animal owners should follow the following recommendations:
Every owner should remember that he is responsible for the health and well-being of his pet, and even a small malaise of his dog should not be left without attention.