How to handle the bathroom?
- 24 Jun 05:15
- Repair Of
wall painting Bathroom repair is accompanied by the finishing of its surfaces: walls, ceilings and floors. In a household room with a few shells( a bath, a washbasin, a toilet), which constantly use water, condensate drops of moisture from the steam, accumulate onsurfaces of ceilings and penetrate inside. Wet walls are prematurely destroyed, their material loses strength, rot and becomes unsuitable for wall coverings. Appears mold fungus, which causes allergies and reduces immunity. The treatment of the bathroom with reliable moisture resistant materials will ensure long-term operation of the room without the appearance of mold on the walls. What types of bathroom treatments will be the most durable? What building materials provide the required moisture resistance of the facing?
Materials used for facing the bathroom
- Furnishing the bathroom tiled tile. Bathroom tiles are traditionally used for bathroom finishing. This is a really comfortable, durable and high-quality decorative coating. The moisture-proof surface of the tiles does not let water drops and condensate inside. Tiled tiles can lay out the planned pattern or draw a finished image. The durability of correctly laid tile is calculated for decades. The treatment of tiled walls, floors and ceilings not only guarantees high-quality insulation from wetting, but also demonstrates the prestige of the owner of the apartment or home. The relief surface of the floor slabs does not allow slipping wet cloths to tile. The only disadvantage of the implementation of tiled bath is its high cost, although it is justified by long-term long-term operation without the need for annual repairs.
- Bathroom Finishing( PVC).The processing of plastic panels is affordable and technological. Easy installation of PVC panels guarantees the ability to perform this construction operation without professional skills. However, it is necessary to take into account that waterproofing of walls and joints between panels is necessary. Also, the essential disadvantage of plastic panels is their fragility. The photo of plastic panels demonstrate the simulation of tiling and the beauty of plastic coatings.
- Self-leveling floor. Modern floor surface coatings offer innovative flooring technology. A smooth, shiny, solid surface of the floor is formed on the basis of polyurethane substance. Lack: careful leveling of the floor before pouring is required, as the thickness of the filling floor in the bathroom is 1.5 - 2 mm.
- Coloring. The widely available wall paintings of the bathroom paint are quite popular. New moisture-resistant paints will help extend the life of the painted coating for several years. The paint layer is applied to cement or gypsum plaster. An option for saving is the combination of different materials for the walls of the bathroom. For covering the surfaces next to the sink and the bath is used tile tiles, walls, removed from the bath, plastered and painted, and the ceiling is covered with plastic.
- Decoration with a tree. Traditionally, the wood is covered with walls of saunas and baths. This wonderful natural material is pleasant to the touch, creates a beautiful appearance. Disadvantages: high cost and complexity of technological processing. For the treatment of a bathroom with a tree you need to impregnate the surface of the boards with moisture-proofing, preventive wetting, swelling of the tree, the development of mold.
- Facing plasterboard. Used moisture-resistant type of drywall material. Requires external coloring. It is often used as a leveling base for further tiling. Damp and waterproof drywall has a sound and thermal insulation, so often it is carried out partitions of domestic premises.
- Mosaic on the walls of the bathroom. The mosaic wall trim options can be made on tiled tiles and separate mosaic elements. Beautiful and expensive mosaic tiling requires professional skills. Materials for the execution of mosaic fragments: stone, ceramics, metal or glass, from them can be presented various figures, patterns, drawings. Lack: We must be an artist to patiently teach the wall with a tile.
- Marble. The qualitative durable and reliable marble coating is a luxury item. The most expensive and most prestigious decoration - marble. We must remember that marble requires constant cleaning.
Wall, floor and ceiling technology in the bathroom
Surfaces of walls, floors and ceilings before any coating are cleared from the remnants of the former protective material, treated with antifungal agent, impregnated with waterproofing. Ease of work is ensured by the availability of free space.
Dust protection requires building glasses, respirators, rubber or cotton gloves, ear plugs or headphones to protect ears from noise.
Cleaning and finishing of surfaces of walls, floors and ceilings
Most often, the old coating on the walls of the bathroom is quite damaged( cracks, bundles).To facilitate removal of layers of the former painting will help solvent for the old paint. The oil paint is dissolved by a special flushing, from which it is blown off and finally exfoliated. To clean the concrete from the old paint, a metal brush and an old spatula are used.
It is possible to remove the paint from a concrete surface with a tape grinder or a drill with a special nozzle.
Finishing of the surface with a tile involves the complete removal of the former tiled coating. The removal of the old tile is carried out together with the fixing cement, to the brickwork. Auxiliary tools for dismantling works: a knife for removal of a pail, a Bulgarian with a disk on a stone, a drill with a nozzle.
The water-emulsion coating from the ceiling is scratched with a spatula or a grinder. A method that facilitates the removal of water emulsion: paste the ceiling with old newspapers onto a layer of paste or PVA.After drying out, the newspapers break off the ceiling with the old emulsion. Other options for softening the water-emulsion coating: paint stripper, iodine solution( in the amount of 200 ml per bucket), soap foam with the addition of alcohol or salicylic acid.
Surface treatment is performed for two purposes: antiseptic effect to remove( prevent the emergence) of a mold and provide moisture resistance. Accordingly, for the preparatory treatment of walls, two types of impregnations are applied successively: antiseptic and waterproofing. The waterproofing layer can be laid with a separate sheet of roll material, but impregnation will provide a more qualitative, reliable protection against moisture penetration.
For wall and ceiling painting, antiseptic penetrating primer is primed, which will not only neutralize the possible mold, but also create a adhesive substrate, reducing the amount of paint.
Preparation of installation and installation of external coating
For mounting some types of machining, preparatory work is required. For example, hanging plastic panels is performed on pre-attached wooden walls and ceilings. The installation of wooden wall panels is also made on a frame, which attaches to the wall with glue mastics and clips. As a frame, the metal support profile is often used.
Tile tiling is performed in the following order: ceiling, wall and floor. For the ceiling, a lightweight ceiling tile of chocolate or plastic panels is used. If only the walls and the floor are laid with a tile, it is possible to hang the plastic later, after the completion of the tiling.
It is recommended to lay tiles and mosaics in household premises on a cement-sand mixture with the addition of moisture-resistant additives( Penetron, Aquatartron, Calmatron, Xaypex) to provide additional waterproofing joints between the tiles.
The treatment of the bathroom with new building materials, their correct technological application, high-quality installation will provide long-term protection of walls, floors and ceilings from penetration of moisture and long-term preservation of their aesthetic appearance.