Pigeons Monks( Cross): features, description and photo breeds
- 24 Oct 20:15
Pigeons Monks( Cross) are divided into German and Moscow crosses. They belong to the same species and are slightly different from the outside, but they are shared by a number of features.
German and Moscow pigeon monks belong to the same species, but differ in their characteristics from severals.
Content of the article:
- 1 Description of
- 2 Features of the Moscow pigeons
- 3 Altai species
German cross monks were taken out in the 17th century in Germany. At first they were called German monks. Later, the birds were renamed crosses because of the peculiarities of the color: in the flight a dove with wings spread out reminds a cross.
Standard appearance of a pedigree:
- Common features: proportional solid structure, body length about 35 cm, body tilt, slightly elongated, feather coloring has a typical pattern, feathers fit well into the body, legs devoid of edges.
- Head is round, slightly elongated, oblique forehead, occipital area and crown crown.
- Between the ears there is a crust, it should be well pronounced, consisting of thick, densely located feathers. On both sides of it there are sockets of lesser feathers.
- Mid-sized eyes.
- Pupil is located in the middle of the eye: small, black, alive. The iris should be light, the eyelids - narrow, body color.
- The beak is small, neat, has noble contours. Its length is 15-16 mm. The smooth and thin beak extends the line of the forehead. Voskovitsa is well adjoining to him.
- Medium-length neck and volume. At the head it is quite thin, but in the shoulders it becomes thicker and flows smoothly into the back and chest. A pronounced comb is considered a sign of high birth, and connoisseurs appreciate it.
- Chest wide - 24-25 cm in girth.
- The back is extended, the transition to the tail is expressed weakly.
- The wings are tightly pressed to the body and are quite long. Their ends do not fall below the tail.
- The mid-length tail, it includes 12 stern piers, relatively flat.
- Legs reddish, with light claws, without plumage.
- The body of the bird is light. The color of the tail and the hats varies between yellow, black, coffee colors. The picture passes through the cheeks to the khokh, which in the pedigree should remain white.
- The flight is short and low.
The main difference between a pigeon monk is a light body combined with a darker head and tail.
Pigeons, which have a rough deviation from the standard appearance, can not be allowed to breed.
These are extremely friendly creatures, seeing someone else's dove, males, who are called "racers", fly away to meet him and invite him to join the pack.
Already said that the pigeons of the German monks, like Moscow, have a bang on the head.
Features of the Moscow Pigeons
The operetta of the Moscow monks includes all shades from black or brown to blue and yellow. Birds are not able to fly for a long time, but their flight is characterized by high maneuverability and swiftness. According to one version, pigeons were called monks because of their appearance, for the rest of the birds are inclined to repel from the pack and fly alone.
Moscow monkey pigeons do not fly very high, but they are fast and maneuverable.
The Barnaul winged monk( hawthorn) is a breed of ornamental birds in Altai. They were withdrawn from the Ural monks, for which there is a large number of decorations: on the head a hat and a crumple, patli legs. However, Altaic breeders brought out a new breed, the birds became more sophisticated. The color of the feathers of the head may be red, black, brown or yellow.
Altaic monks - beautiful decorative birds, deduced in the Urals.
Pigeon monks are very clean and friendly to people. They are unpretentious in nutrition and do not require special conditions of detention. These birds are strongly attached to the owners and at home. Pigeon monks are good parents, they provide excellent nutrition and protection of offspring. Many breeders specially keep them for feeding other people's chicks of more valuable species, including chicks of short-haired breeds. With the correct content, a pair of pigeons displays three or four broods during the summer, but in unfavorable conditions, birds are given two livestock from the force.
For breeders with short-haired birds, such as turmans, it is recommended to use monks as breadwinners for another's offspring.
The main thing for proper breeding of monks - the presence of a specially equipped poultry and balanced feed.