Consequences after the nail extension: gel, acrylic
- 12 Oct 19:45
- Body Care
Today, nail extensions are a very fashionable procedure. Many women, dreaming to have beautiful, durable, long nails, seek help from experts in manicure. However, unfortunately, not everyone is happy with them, often the procedure of building up has undesirable consequences. Therefore, before thetakes the final decision - whether to nail up or not - you should figure out what might be the consequences.
The following are the main undesirable effects of nail build-up:
- 1. Artificial nails are badly kept and begin to thin out.
- 2. After the procedure for removing an artificial nail, your nails unevenly thicken or thinned, become brittle and damaged. This is due to the fact that the imposition of alien material on the nail affects its nutrition, metabolism and makes it difficult to access the air to the nail plate.
- 3. The emergence of allergic reactions to the components that are part of the materials for the build-up.
- 4. The appearance of skin infections, such as the fungus of the nail plate.
Nail extension does not mean that you no longer need to look after them, on the contrary, after the procedure you will have to pay a lot of attention to them. So be prepared for that:
- - you will need time to get used to new long nails, if you do the buildup for the first time;
- - Do not expose nail extensions to loads, despite the fact that they are stronger and thicker than natural: when using household items, use gloves to protect the nails from the detriment of detergents;
- - you will have to do nail correction at least once a month, otherwise your nails will look neat and you can easily break them;
- - nail extensions can not be clipped with scissors and machined with large-scale metal sawing;
- - After you remove artificial nails, you will have to undergo an intensive renewal course for nail nails.
Before the buildup procedure, you should think carefully about what material you will make new nails, as there will be a lot of your choice.
You can make yourself gel or acrylic nails. Gel nails look more natural, they are beautifully shine, and this shine does not wash off, even if you remove the varnish with acetone. This material is more elastic, however, in the process of drying it is necessary to use ultraviolet lamps, which can lead to skin diseases. In addition, if the gel nail breaks, it will have to completely remove it, doing it by a method of scraping, which can seriously injure your nail.
Acrylic nails are more durable. They are removed very easily, using a special solution. However, acrylic provides a very sharp odor when dried.
Avoid many problems after nail extensions, if you take into account the existing contraindications to this procedure.
Do not do nail build-up:
- - if you have a digestive, endocrine, or excretory system;
- - if you have an allergy to methacrylate, which are part of the material for build-up;
- - if you have fungal, bacterial or viral lesions of the nails and skin of hands;
- - immediately after the classic manicure procedure;
- - when taking antibiotics or during chemotherapy;
- - during pregnancy.
If one of these items has a direct relation to you, be sure to consult not only with the cosmetologist, but also with your attending physician.