We manufacture aviary for pheasants with our own hands
- 04 Oct 04:45
Pheasants are becoming more and more inhabitants of domestic poultry houses. However, in order to successfully engage in the breeding of these beauties, the necessary conditions for their maintenance should be observed. And, above all, it is the presence of an enclosure, not cells. What kind of aids for pheasants and how to make themwith their own hands, talk about this in our article.
- 1 What should an enclosure be?
- 1.1 Form and arrangement of
- 1.2 Main requirements of
- 2 How to do it with your own hands?
- 2.1 Tools and materials
- 2.2 Step-by-step instructions
- 3 Photo gallery
- 4 Video "Pheasants at home cage"
What should be an enclosure?
When we plant pheasants, do not forget that it is wild birds and it needs to create comfortable conditions. Only if the conditions are reminiscent of the natural environment, the bird will feel comfortable. The first rule is the square. But here it is worth considering the amount of bird. If you have a couple or several birds live, it is unlikely that you will be comfortable every time to walk around in the search for eggs.
For normal development in a cage for one pheasant it is necessary to allocate about 1 square.meters of the square. It is desirable that along the perimeter there are small shrubs or thickets of film-bearing plants. In nature, these birds carry a hidden lifestyle and build nests in such places. Another important rule is that pheasants are extremely aggressive, so males can only be kept in pairs with a female.
Form and arrangement of
A typical cage for pheasants involves a metal or wooden frame, surrounded by a grid on all sides. The shape can be both rectangular and some other( see photo).It is important that the top of the fence also cover the net or cover the roof, as the birds fly high. Also, the roof will protect from rain and weather. But in this case, it's best to make a separate house inside a cage, like a booth.
Place the barrier necessarily on a dry place with sandy soil. If the earth is clayey, then its top layer can be independently poured gravel or sand. If you have a lot of birds, you can divide one enclosure into several sections. For example, one is allocated for young, the second - for adult birds. Log in to one and the other zone should be separate.
- For ease of collecting eggs, do not allow large thickets of grass throughout the cage. It is best to plant on the sand only on one side and plant bushes. The
- Shelter is very important not only from bad weather or sunlight, but also for covering females from overexcited males.
- There should be several houses, if there are many birds. Make them size about 1.5 by 1 meter.
- If the grass in the cage does not grow naturally, then in a small area you can sow millet or sorghum. Also very good rape, other grains.
- Grid above the barrier is better to make soft, for example, nylon, not steel, so that the birds are not damaged during the flight.
- The core of the main grid along the perimeter should be no more than 1.5x1.5 cm, so that the aviary does not remove rodents and other pests.
- In temperate climates with severe winters, small insulated poultry houses should be adjacent to the exotic species of pheasants to the cage.
How to do it with your own hands?
So, in order to make an aperture for pheasants with your own hands, you must first consider all the above rules above. Then it is worth assessing the availability of available space, its characteristics. If everything works, then it's not necessary to pick up special materials and build such cells for bird.
Tools and materials
- Mesh netting with a cell 1,5x1,5 cm;
- Wooden boards for small houses;
- Nails and brackets for the grid;
- Capron mesh for top;
- Slab for shelter roof;
- Metal or wooden pillars;
- Varnish or paint.
Step-by-step instruction for
Photo 1. Aperture Apertures with Houses
Photo 2. Wooden Self-made Aid
Photo 3. Pheasants in sections in summer enclosures
Photo 4. A pseudo group for slate
Video "A pheasants at home cage"
In this video you will learn how to properly plant pheasants where to contain. What is an enclosure and how it looks, will also show the breeder of unusual birds.