Cerebral cerebral atherosclerosis
- 21 Jun 13:30
- What is cerebral atherosclerosis?
- How is atherosclerosis of the brain developing?
- Diagnosis of cerebral atherosclerosis
- Treatment of cerebral atherosclerosis
- Nutrition in cerebral atherosclerosis.
- Prophylaxis of cerebral atherosclerosis
Cerebral cerebral atherosclerosis is a commonly used name for severe neuralgic disease. But in fact, this is a tautology, because "cerebral" - already means "related to the brain".Therefore, it would be more appropriate to say "cerebral atherosclerosis" or "brain atherosclerosis".
No less important is not terminology, but the fact that this disease can develop for a long time unnoticed, and then lead to very serious consequences, up to dementia, loss of ability to work and the ability to control their actions, stroke, paralysis and death. Therefore, ignoring or underestimating the danger is at least stupid.
What is cerebral atherosclerosis?
Cerebral atherosclerosis is a condition in which the vessels of the brain overgrown from the inside, being covered with plaques by plaques and deposits of salts. It narrows their lumen and leads to a deterioration of blood supply to the tissues of the brain.
Although "cerebral atherosclerosis of the brain", as it is called people unrelated to medicine, has been studied for a long time and actively, the causes of its development are still not well understood by doctors. Nevertheless, the collected data allow us to conclude that it provokes the appearance of such factors:
1. Smoking. This is one of the most aggressive provocative factors.
2. Alcoholism. Eating more than 3-4 doses of alcohol per week is a high risk.
3. Incorrect eating. Excess animal fats in the diet, to the detriment of plant foods and seafood, increases the likelihood of rising cholesterol levels in the blood, which also triggers the mechanism for the formation of atherosclerotic plaques.
4. Hereditary predisposition. Some people have genetically established an abnormal mechanism for the formation and deposition of cholesterol on the walls of the vessels.
5. Hypodynamia. The sedentary lifestyle increases the likelihood of many vascular diseases, including - atherosclerosis of the brain.
6. Streams. Nervous strain and stress create the preconditions for the development of atherosclerosis.
The combination of several listed factors further increases the likelihood. Such people should be attentive to their condition, so as not to miss the first signs of the onset of the disease.
How is atherosclerosis of the brain developing?
In this disease, as in any other, you can distinguish several stages:
1. Initial. At an early stage of the disease cholesterol spots are formed, on which atherosclerotic plaques grow. Gradually they narrow the lumen of the vessel, and the brain receives insufficient fresh oxygen and nutrition. Compensatory mechanisms can smooth the effect of atherosclerosis up to the narrowing of the vessel on the half. At this stage, people complain about weak headaches, noise in the head.
2. Compensatory. The human body has a lot of resources to compensate for changes, so at the second stage of the disease it can still compensate for the narrowing of the vessels. During this period, the main symptoms of the disease appear: headaches, memory and attention deterioration, mood swings, depression.
3. Decompensator. But at some point, the body ceases to cope, and the most severe form of cerebral atherosclerosis occurs. With the developed form, there are all signs of dementia, dementia, memory failures, the impossibility of self-service. One of the most dangerous complications of this disease is stroke and paralysis. They are the most likely cause of death.
It is very important to detect the onset of this disease in a timely manner, since it is corrected at an early stage.
Atherosclerosis of the brain is considered to be the disease of the elderly, but in some cases it may develop from the age of 30.
Today, the average age of the onset of this disease has decreased, so when symptoms develop, even at a young age, it is necessary to undergo a diagnosis.
Diagnosis of cerebral atherosclerosis
In order to determine the degree of change in the brain vessels in atherosclerosis, the doctor prescribes conducting a series of examinations and analyzes.
Diagnosis and treatment of atherosclerosis is a neurologist, since it is he who specializes in diseases of the brain. But you may also need a survey from other professionals.
But the doctor can get the first information already during the patient's survey and interview. This allows him to determine the severity of memory and the level of intelligence, the presence of failures and other signs of dementia. But the survey is also required:
1. Blood test. It is extremely important to determine the level of cholesterol, salts, lipid profiles and other indicators indicative of atherosclerosis.
2. Ultrasound of blood vessels. First of all the doctor conducts researches of neck vessels as this examination allows to establish their condition, as well as to determine the structure of blood flow. But it is also necessary to examine other vessels, because atherosclerosis can lead to vascular damage and other localization.
3. Angiography. A special substance is introduced into the circulatory system, which is clearly seen during X-ray examination. This allows you to get the exact circuit of the vascular mesh of the brain. Modern technology allows you to process the result and present it as a three-dimensional model.
4. MRI and CT.Magnetic resonance imaging and computed tomography are also used to determine the state of the vessels of the brain. Their great advantage over angiography is the ability to visualize not only the internal walls of the vessels, but external ones, which is important for the diagnosis of atherosclerosis.
The above methods allow to determine the degree of the process, and therefore - to choose an adequate method of therapy.
Treatment of cerebral atherosclerosis
Atherosclerosis of the brain can be cured only in the early stages, when severe violations of its functions have not yet occurred.
At a later stage, we can only talk about slowing down its progression. But this is also extremely important, since therapy continues to be active.
The following directions apply:
1. Reduced blood cholesterol level. It is he who creates the preconditions for the development and progression of atherosclerosis, therefore, it is necessary to reduce it in the first place. For this purpose, special preparations, as well as procedures for blood purification may be used.
2. Cleaning of blood vessels from accumulated plaques. This is a long process that requires a special diet, as well as taking medications.
3. Anti-inflammatory drugs. One of the complications of cerebral atherosclerosis is inflammation of the affected vessels, which should be prevented.
4. Sprays. This group of medications allows you to remove spasm from vessels and expand them, thus increasing the lumen.
5. Drugs that improve cerebral circulation. Complications of atherosclerosis develop because of the deterioration of the supply of the brain to oxygen and nutrients, so this group of drugs helps to slow down the tissue atrophy.
These are only basic therapies, in each individual case, the individual set of drugs is selected, the scheme and the duration of their admission. Treatment can take a lot of time, as well as periodic monitoring, but it will help if you do not get rid of it, then at least reduce the intensity of the symptoms and slow down the progression.
Nutrition with Cerebral Atherosclerosis
An important part of the treatment of this disease is proper nutrition. Cholesterol, which is the root cause of vascular overgrowth, man receives more food with food, so the diet is subject to severe restrictions:
1. Prohibited: fat lamb, pork, beef, butter, sour cream, mayonnaise, egg yolk, roasted, smoked, salted dishes.
2. Dishes can be cooked, stewed, baked in the oven, cooked on a grill.
3. Dairy products can be, but only low-fat or low fat - up to 1-2%.
4. Meat in the diet should be, but with restrictions: low-fat veal, rabbit, chicken fillet without skin.
5. Fish and seafood must be kept in the diet. They fill the need for proteins and fats, but do not contain cholesterol.
6. The butter from the diet should be eliminated, replacing it with vegetable and olive oil.
7. It is necessary to exclude from the diet strong tea and coffee, any alcoholic beverages.
8. In a daily diet, including in winter, it is mandatory to have fresh vegetables and fruits.
Compliance with these rules is important not only in the treatment of cerebral atherosclerosis, but it is also a good prevention of this and many other diseases. They should be kept constantly, as this will help to avoid a lot of problems in the future.
Prevention of cerebral atherosclerosis
Watch this video on YouTube
If you do not want to find out what "cerebral atherosclerosis of the brain" is like, some prophylactic measures must be followed:
1.The rules of healthy eating are a prerequisite.
2. Harmful habits such as smoking and alcohol need to be eliminated.
3. Streams are a serious test for the body, so it is desirable to avoid them. If this is not possible, soft soothing medications will help on a natural basis.
4. Not everyone can do sports, but the minimum level of physical activity should be maintained.
5. If you are prone to atherosclerosis, hereditary or age-old, it is necessary to donate blood each year to determine the level of cholesterol, and if it goes beyond the norm - to reduce it.
This prophylaxis of cerebral atherosclerosis will help reduce the risk of its occurrence, which means it will prevent many problems.