Atopic dermatitis stop - causes, symptoms, diagnosis, treatment
- 30 Sep 20:45
- Disease Of The Skin
Atopic dermatitis is called neuroallergic multifactorial disease, which is manifested by skin irritation. In anamnesis of a patient with atopic dermatitis or in his close blood relatives are often found diseases of allergic nature - asthma,allergic rhinitis, hay fever, etc. Lesion lesions in atopic dermatitis can appear on almost any part of the skin, including on the skin of the foot.
In most cases, the first manifestations of dermatitis are found in infants under 12 years of age. In adults, the disease manifests extremely rarely.
- 1 Causes of development of
- 2 Clinical manifestations of
- diagnostic methods 4 Treatment of
- 4.1 Treatment with the use of folk methods
- 5 Forecast and prevention of
Causes of development of
The main cause of the onset of atopic dermatitis in the skin is the inadequate response of the body in response to contact withany substances. Substances that cause hyperreactivation of an organism are called allergens. For each patient, the list of allergens can be individual. Substances that cause a non-standard reaction of the body in the form of dermatitis, can enter the body in various ways. Allocate the contact, food or airway of the allergen penetration.
Why is the immune system so responsive to contact with the most commonly used substances in patients? It is not possible to give an answer to this question definitely. Undoubtedly, the essential role belongs to the innate propensity. To internal causes, which leads to the development of atopic dermatitis, it is necessary to include:
- Violation in the work of the endocrine and nervous system;
- Chronic infectious diseases;
- Functional disorders triggered by chronic stress or severe physical overload;
- Failure in the work of exchange processes.
In addition, it is worth noting and external causes that can lead to the development of atopic and allergic dermatitis. Among them there should be a significant deterioration of the environment. It is with this reason that probably a significant increase in the number of patients with allergic diseases( allergic dermatitis in cosmetics, allergy to latex, etc.), including, with foot dermatitis.
For external reasons, the wrong choice of clothing and footwear should also be considered. One of the reasons for the development of dermatitis on the foot skin can be the constant use of synthetic clothing, wearing shoes made of artificial materials.
Thus, many factors may cause the immune system to be "overloaded, and this can lead to crashes in the work and development of atopic dermatitis. Atopic dermatitis can also develop in a child. How to feed a child, if you find this illness you will find out here.
Clinical manifestations of
Key features of atopic dermatitis of the skin of the foot:
- Itching is one of the most characteristic symptoms of the disease. Itching may have different degrees of severity. It can be intense, causing sleep disturbance and depression.
- Appearance of peeling, * lichenification. Prolonged course of dermatitis leads to a change in the structure of the skin of the foot - thickening of the skin, coarse drawing, dryness, the appearance of skin cracks.
- False complications. In the case of the addition of secondary infections on the skin of the feet, complications may develop, which are manifested in redness, edema, the appearance of purulent secretion.
In most cases, for the diagnosis of atopic dermatitis, it is enough to examine the patient. Diagnosis is based on the assessment of signs from a large and small group.
Symptoms included in the "large" group include the mandatory manifestations that are present in virtually all patients, which are:
- Skin irritation of varying degrees of severity;
- Typical skin conditions - dry skin, peeling, lichenification.the appearance of cracks.
- Recurrent and chronic course;
- The presence of atopy in a family history.
To the group of "small"( optional) symptoms include:
- Early life debut;
- High susceptibility to cutaneous infections;
- Immediate response to skin allergen test;
- Increased IgE blood serum;
- Propensity for the development of cheilitis( cracks in the corners of the mouth);
- Tendency to inflammation of the skin of the nipples, hands.
Diagnosis of "atopic dermatitis" is established if the patient has at least three signs of a "large" group of criteria and at least one of the symptoms included in the "small" group
The success in the release from atopic dermatitis depends on whetherAn allergen was detected during the examination process, which causes an exacerbation of the disease. Therefore, when examining a patient, skin tests must be carried out. Another way to detect an allergen is to isolate the allergen antibodies in the patient's blood.
Once an allergen that causes exacerbation of dermatitis is identified, it is necessary to try to exclude the interaction with it. In addition, the patient is prescribed.
Preparations that reduce the sensitivity of the body to allergens - Tavegil, Suprastin, Claritin, etc.
In severe symptoms of dermatitis, glucocorticosteroid drugs may be prescribed for external or systemic use.
Vitamin Therapy. To strengthen the body of the patient individually selects a vitamin and mineral complex.
Sorbents are drugs that accelerate detoxification of the body( Multisorb, activated charcoal, etc.).
In the presence of purulent complications, local or systemic antibacterial drugs are prescribed.
In addition, the patient with foot dermatitis recommends compliance with the hypoallergenic diet, wearing shoes and socks from natural materials.
Treatment with the use of folk methods
In the treatment of manifestations of atopic dermatitis may also help folk remedies. Here are some effective recipes:
- Starch baths with dermatitis help soothe irritated skin.
- Ointment with St. John's wort and butter for the treatment of atopic skin dermatitis. Need to squeeze juice from freshly cut plants. One part of the juice takes four parts of the oil, which should be melted in a water bath. The two components of the dermatitis ointment are mixed and placed in a glass jar, stored in a refrigerator. At night, the ointment is applied to the irritated skin of the foot, then put on socks made of cotton yarn.
Forecast and prevention of
The prognosis for atopic dermatitis of the skin of the feet depends on the ability to exclude contact with the allergen. Prophylaxis of relapse of the dermatitis is as follows:
- Exclusion from the diet of allergen products;
- Tout the skin of the foot with exceptionally warm( not hot) water with the use of baby soap or other neutral detergents.
- Wipe your skin after washing without rubbing, just gently rub the feet with a soft towel.
- It is necessary to reduce the amount of synthetic clothing in the wardrobe. Bed linen should be made of natural fabrics.
- In the house you need to remove the carpets and leave a minimum of upholstered furniture. Floor washing is required at least twice a week.
In addition, patients with atopic dermatitis need to try to strengthen their health, without neglecting walks, exerciseful exercise. It is necessary to treat infectious diseases in a timely manner, to regularly pass analyzes and conduct medical examinations. And if it is possible to do an inoculation with atopic dermatitis you will learn from this article. Before significant events that can provoke stress( for example, before examinations), it is advisable to take mild soothing medications.