Turkeys Running 6: Growing at home, characteristic, photo
- 20 Jun 15:00
Turkeys Running 6 is a great breed for breeding at home, due to its high productivity. Tasty and juicy meat, mild fluff, rapid growth and a lot of body weight make birds more and more popular both in the overseas and in Russia. From the article you will learn about thebreed features, nutrition requirements, and some useful tips.
Content of the article:
- 1 Origin
- 2 Appearance
- 3 Productivity
- Growth process
- 4.1 Youngster feeding
- 4.2 Useful tips for breeding
- 4.3 Feeding adults
- 5 Business for breeding turkeys
- 6 Veterinarians recommendation
- 7 Summary
Homeland of the Turks Big 6 - Great Britain, where in 2008 the company British United Turkeys LTD has shown the world the most perspective and the most difficult cross. The name of the birds is not accidental - adult males reach a weight of 25 kg, and females - 10 kg. During the season, the increase is 5 kg, which favorably allocates birds against the background of other broilers. Mortality rates are small.
Due to the recent appearance, domestic farmers have not yet appreciated the breed by their merits, but it is a matter of time. Poultry farmers, who have assimilated data for keeping birds at home, will not suffer damage.
The distinctive features are a white, lush feather with a small dark spot on the chest, a small head, large wings, a wide, prominent breast and massive strong legs. Specific characteristics of the male - a lush tail and bright red decorations on the neck and head.
- The breed has excellent meat and high quality fluff. The composition of meat is considered dietary. Indium contains zinc, potassium and magnesium. These elements contribute to the strengthening of the human immune system.
- Females are more valued not by weight but by the number of eggs they receive per year. The young turkey Big 6 brings to the owner about 100 eggs, which are better for chicken by taste.
- High level of live weight gain. After 3 months, the fattening of turkeys is stopped and they are sent to slaughter. You can feed them as much as you need, but growth after 100 days is stopped.
- Average figures hatched from eggs, chicks - 80%.
Big-6 breed productivity index:
breeding process The purchase of chicks is recommended in April-May. The distant ancestors of the Breed 6 race are inhabitants of tropical lands, so the optimal time for growing at home is the summer, during which the turkeys will quickly and easily gain weight by freezing.
Important tips for nesting, egg hatching and chicken pox content:
- Eggs appear for 8-9 months, 5 birds need at least one place to lay off. The nest should not be placed on the floor, it should be capacious and have a bottom of the bedding. Turkeys are standing on their legs, so eggs can break or break when falling.
- The cut-out period is 27 days, it continues with the use of daytime running lamps. The incubation eggs are kept in an upright position, with an acute side down, at a temperature not higher than 16 ° С.They turn over every 10 days. For hatching it is necessary to take only a fresh incubation egg.
- The dropped chicks require a cardboard box or wood lined with warm, bottom material. You can use a clean straw or an old rag. A week later the litter is replaced with sawdust.
- To avoid chilling chicks in the room, it is important to maintain a warm temperature: from birth to a week - about 36 ° C, up to two weeks - 28 ° C, up to three weeks - 27 ° C.Then the temperature gradually decreases to 20 ° C.The corresponding temperature for three-month turkeys - up to 15 ° C.
Milk, water, greens and feed for young turkeys Running 6
Food for hatching chicks is put on paper, so they will keep the brittle beak intact. In the food is added chopped boiled egg, mixed with porridge and finely chopped grass( onions or nettles).You can add fresh cheese to your diet. By 5 days after birth, the turkey feeds a special compound feed, the mandatory components of which are corn, cake( or soybean meal) and wheat. These products stimulate the digestive process.
After 5 days the birds are converted to traditional food. The composition includes the following ingredients:
- fish meal;
The feeding of young animals is carried out 4 times a day in small doses, which promotes rapid weight gain. On the 7th day of life, turkey is given milk cereals. By 20 days, feed in the diet is mandatory, since its composition includes important for the full growth and development of trace elements. At the end of three weeks, the turkeys are transferred to cereals and greens. It is important to keep a balance, too abundant and fatty feeding can lead to obesity of turkeys.
Needed for turkeys Vitamin C is contained in the needles and berries of the mountain ash.
Turks Jogging 6 on the walk through the aisle
Useful tips for breeding
The ways of keeping the cross running 6 houses of the two: the young is isolated from adult birds or turkeys combine. Experienced breeders and veterinarians recommend keeping turkeys separately, but it is possible to collect birds of all age groups in the herd where youngsters will protect their parents. When problems arise, the herd is divided.
Characteristics of the site and useful tips for breeding turkeys Running 6:
- For the walk, it is necessary to build a mesh fence with a length of not less than 50 cm.
- The birdhouse should be spacious and equipped with insects for sleep. To avoid obesity it is necessary to create conditions for active movement for birds. For a comfortable life of one person, two meters of free space is required.
- The room is regularly aired and heated in winter. Sharp temperature variations are unacceptable.
- The floor is covered with sawdust at least 15 cm, with ash or fine sand( ash and sand prevent parasites).The litter is updated every 2-3 months.
- Jogging 6 does not get along with other birds.
Feeding Adult Species
Mixed Fodder - A versatile food for turkeys of all ages and breeds, as its composition is balanced, contains the necessary vitamins and trace elements for harmonious growth and development. Running 6 is unpretentious and eats the same mixture as other birds. In the feed it is recommended to mix corn and other grains, potatoes, carrots.
It is possible to add in the diet sour-milk products, fish and meat-bone meal, vitamin-mineral additives. Water should be regularly changed to clean, the tanks should be cleaned of dirt and plaque.
Daily feed intake: for a female 250 grams of a mixture per day, for a male - 350 grams.
Indian Running 6 different ages on the walk along the adjacent territory
Turmeric breeding business
Own owners of their own land with a free time and commercial grip, often earn on the cultivation of poultry. For this purpose perfectly fit unprepared in the care of Jig 6, give not only eggs and meat, which are highly valued in the market, but also a feather with feathers. You can also sell chicks. Indigenous household growth is not more difficult to breed other poultry.
A large area is required for breeding turkeys. Nutrition will create favorable conditions for the multiplication of bacteria that provokes diseases. A diseased pupil infects others, and this threatens the cost of treating or destroying birds.
If pastures are near the poultry house, the feeding costs are reduced. An additional plus is the fact that poultry meat is eaten by green grass, more juicy and mild.
Treatment of poultry requires cost, and not all diseases are cured. Sometimes diseased individuals have to be destroyed to avoid infecting others.
For preventive purposes, veterinarians recommend the following conditions:
- Cleanliness in the poultry house. Periodic cleaning requires floor, walls, containers for food and water, etc. The room is washed with water, dry for several days, and then treated with quenched lime. To properly prepare the solution, it is recommended to do the following proportion: on a 12-liter bucket of water 3 kg of lime.
- Fresh food. In turkey digestive tract for a long time rework food. This is especially true for the breed of Running 6. Non-fodder feed will become a fertile soil for the propagation of harmful organisms, which will lead to disease of birds.
- Comfortable conditions. It is important to monitor the cleanliness and dryness of litter, nurseries, indoor temperature. Exclude draft and dampness.
- Regular Review. Frequent reviews will allow timely detection of deviations and take action.
Following the simple advice, you will be able to successfully grow breed turkeys. 6.
Turks Running 6 is a super weight and productive breed that makes it one of the best in a coupe with ease of care and rapid weight gain. Many poultry keep a very positive feedback on the Jig 6.