Androgenic Alopecia in Women: Causes, Symptoms, Diagnosis, Treatment
- 18 Sep 18:00
- Disease Of The Skin
Alopecia is the medical language, and in everyday use it is baldness. People, and especially women who suffer from this disease, are prone to serious psychological trauma.
Androgenic Alopecia at Women is an irreversible loss of hair against the backdrop of hormonal problems.Baldness in this disease occurs by the male type. To stop the disease and save the hair you have to take special medications, go through procedures.
- 1 For some reason, the hair begins to drop
- 1.1 The main causes of
- 2 The main symptoms to be alert to
- 3 Complicated multi-stage diagnosis
- 4 Treatment: only after a complete survey of
- 5 Popular methods of struggle
- 6 or Possible prevention of
For what reasons hairbegin to fall
The tendency to hair loss is often hereditary. It is activated, as most studies say, on the maternal line. Especially often the genetic factor works in women during menopause with appropriate hormonal disorders. But there are other causes of the development of this disease.
Major Causes of
- Hormonal Failure. Influence of the biologically active form of the male sex hormone testosterone on the hair follicles. Women are rare, but not an exception. This is the main cause of androgenic alopecia. But, there are a number of other causes.
- Failure of the central nervous system. Constant stresses have a negative effect on hair growth. Some follicles even turn into a resting phase and after a few months of stay in this phase just begin to fall out to relieve the skin from unnecessary stress. If this happened once, it's not terrible. If the situation is repeated, then there is a high probability of development of universal alopecia.
- Immune character. Each hair follicle is characterized by its immune status. With its disruption, the follicle ceases to function, which leads to loss of hair.
It's important to know! With alopecia, hair loss for a woman becomes particularly catastrophic in the postpartum period. Even during pregnancy, hormones affect the growth of hair slows down. After birth, hair begins to drop rapidly. The disease progresses because of a strong and sharp change in the hormonal background.
The main symptoms to be alert to
It is far from immediately that the girl is convinced that the cause of hair loss is androgenetic alopecia. After all, hair falls out constantly, it's a natural process. But when the structure of hair becomes cannabis, then you should think about the presence of this disease. True, the process is long and takes from a few months to several years. Therefore, you should carefully look at yourself in order to quickly spot the problem if it is present.
Most hair is shrinking in the central parietal zone, as well as in the hair. If hair care is correct. Used good shampoos and conditioners, made stronger nourishing masks, taken appropriate vitamins, and hair continues to decrease, should consult a doctor. This may be a dermatologist or trichologist.
Complex Multi-Stage Diagnosis
In the presence of symptoms, it is very important to promptly turn to a good specialist. In the initial stages, alopecia is still successful in treating. One should be prepared to ensure that no doctor can diagnose androgenic alopecia from the first time.
During the examination, the hormonal background, the state of the immune system will be studied. Analyzes on sex hormones and hormones of the thyroid gland appear. Well, if the doctor will appoint an examination to find out if all the vitamins and minerals are missing in the body.
This is important! For the correct diagnosis, you can not do without a photo-tricography. The procedure is to determine the specific device of hair density per square centimeter of skin.
Studies are needed not so much for accurate diagnosis as for the purpose of proper treatment. Androgenic alopecia is treated throughout life. Drugs for treatment are quite expensive.
Treatment: Only after complete
examination The specific course of treatment will depend not only on the results of the examination, but also on the type of alopecia.
With less than 50% hair loss:
- Inside the skin and local application of corticosteroids;
- Use of zinc containing preparations and strengthen the immune system;
- Application to the skin of the head of the ointments and gels with retin A;
- Introduction to the diet of the vitamin complex. Particular attention is paid to vitamins of group B;
- Application of ointments used to treat psoriasis;
When more than 50% of hair is lost:
- Intradermal and local application of corticosteroids;
- Irradiation of baldness areas with ultraviolet light. The course of therapy lasts for several weeks;
- Ointments and gels, local allergen application;
- Receiving immunosuppressants that suppress autoimmune processes in the body;
- Hair transplantation;
- Laser Therapy;
For women, the disease is treated more successfully than men. It involves taking local and internal dasgs. Assign hormonal pills to reduce the production of male hormones. We need to be patient, because treatment will be long lasting.
Folk Ways of Fighting
An individual woman can also engage in treatment of folk methods. Some plants will reduce the production of androgens. Others will be suitable as a local treatment for ointment and cream.
What to try:
Prophylaxis Experts advise not to treat if hair has dropped out and quickly undergo a survey. As hair loss prevention and head skin diseases, proper hair care is burned out. Use only high-quality cosmetics, make strong masks, and take additional vitamin complexes.
If an illness such as androgenic alopecia has emerged, strength and patience must be gathered to fight for their hair in all available ways.