The transitional age of boys under 12 years of age: how to treat parents
- 16 Sep 01:00
It seems that most recently there were births, sleepless nights, first words and steps, and now you look at your boyfriend, but before you are not a boy, and a young man is already quite grown up.
For you, as it is for him, begins a difficult life - period of puberty, or as it is still called- the transitional age. During this period, there is a large development of hormones, this entails major changes in the mental and physical condition of the teenager. At this time, the duty of parents to help their child survive this difficult period.
1. Adult Age in Boys
2. Adult Age in Boys:
Signs 3. Psycological Problems of Adolescent Boyfriends
4. Features of Baccalaureate Adolescence
5. Transitional Age: Parenting Tips
6. Instead of Conclusion
Adult Age in Boys
Sexual maturing in boys begins a bit later than girls, but there is no clearly defined time of its occurrence. Due to the fact that all children are individual, for each child, this period begins at one time. Someone in 9-10 years old, someone 13-14.
As compared to girls, maturation is more active, and lasts an average of 4-5 years. According to scientists, a lot of factors affects the beginning of this period: it is heredity, and the way of life of a teenager, and his nationality. The more correct the way of life of the child, the more likely that during puberty, he will enter on time.
The transitional period in boys 12 years and older associated with puberty is very important. At this time, the body is preparing for new physiological and psychological changes, yesterday's boy learns autonomy, acquires a personality, learns to build relationships with peers, teachers, and elders. He has his own views on some things, is formed on the basis of different things, more logical thinking becomes more advanced. The boy becomes a young man.
It is very important for parents to find strength to support their son, to help overcome this stage of development, to make it clear to the child that he can always find helpers, best friends in them.
Scientists age group is conditionally divided into 3 stages:
- preparatory( at this stage, the psyche and the body of the child are being prepared for future changes);
- puberty( this is the same transitional age);
- postpubertal( the final stage, it is during this period that boys are actively interested in the opposite sex).
During the transition period, the child is rapidly changing not only physically but also mentally. In this difficult period, the duty of parents to help their child survive this difficult period. To do this, you need to know the symptoms of puberty.
Adult Age in Boys: Signs of
A transitional period is associated with hormonal reorganization of the child's body, therefore, due to changes in the hormonal background in boys, signs of a transitional age are observed. Their conditionally can be divided into physiological and mental.
- in about 10-11 years, in boys, the penis and testicle increase in size. Appear pigmentation of pubic hair.
- is closer to 13 years old, so-called "breaking the voice."It becomes lower and rude. True, not immediately, but after a couple of years, at first he can alternate with a high voice. Slice occurs due to increased cartilage in the throat, increased vocal cords and muscles.
- active hair growth by body. Hair begins to cover the whole body. The hair under the armpits begins to grow, a nice fluff appears on the face.
- physiologically the baby is also changing. The muscles begin to grow, the shoulders become wider, the child becomes higher and stronger. That is why it is important that the child is engaged in some kinds of sports, trained muscles. In the extreme case, you can do everyday morning exercises and jogging.
- Acne Rash. Her appearance is the most obscure sign of the transitional period. Many teens suffer from such manifestation of "adulthood," often they have complexes associated with appearance. Explain to your son that looking after the skin at this age is extremely important and you need to do it carefully. The more serious the teenager will treat the face, the less frequent and painful will be the rash. It is also important to explain to the child that acne is not possible to squeeze, which can lead to infection of soft tissues and the appearance of scars and scarring is not a person.
- polesInvoluntary eruption during sleep.
Mental changes: The
- child becomes more annoying, heavily worried when something goes wrong.
- reacts to everything very emotionally, children in this period are very inflammatory, stubborn, and sometimes even aggressive. The
- boys try to assert themselves, to show what they are already adult and independent, react very violently to the ward and seek to get rid of it.
Help in solving problems arising in the context of puberty problems should be related to the physical activity of the teenager and full-time rest in the after-school hours. As you say, if your head is nonsense, go to the gym. An active way of life will take the child's thoughts, direct them in the right direction.
In doing so, make sure that the teenager does not sit at a computer or tablet in the evening, the body must rest, otherwise, along with the accumulated fatigue, there will also be a reason for nervous breakdowns and stresses. The motivation "I'm no longer small" should not be the main thing when drawing up the schedule of a teenager's day. Usually he goes to bed at 9 o'clock nobody makes him. But 10 hours - it should be a time of failure.
Psychological problems of adolescent boys
Because of hormones, and because of changes in the body of the psyche, the child does not manage to cope with changes. In this difficult period, anxiety does not leave a teenager. This is also due to dissatisfaction with their appearance, and for sexual excitement, and for many other reasons.
For the boy during this period, communication with his father is especially important. From him, he takes an example and feels much more confident if there is reliable support nearby.
If there is no such support, then the child all his negatives, all the pain and fear, will splash on his loved ones( mother, grandmother).If the relationship with the parent can not be settled, you need to talk with the psychologist, how to be in this situation. The doctor gives advice based on the specific situation.
Of course, it's not easy for parents to grow up their children, but do not forget that the teenager himself is by no means easier( and in some way even more difficult).Every year, on average, 4 children out of 100 suffer from severe depression. For an unshakable psyche of a teenager, this psychic state is very dangerous.
According to researchers, every fifth child thought about suicide. And if, after an unsuccessful attempt, the girls leave their attempts, then the guys are trying to part with life several times.
Depression can be divided into two types:
- , the so-called major depression with sadness, apathy;
- manic depression. Very dangerous condition, because to change apathy, comes a sharp desire to act impulsively, thoughtlessly.
Parents should be very attentive to the experiences of the child: deep depression is very dangerous and often leads to suicide in adolescents.
One of the dangers for teenagers is drug addiction. We all know how terrible and dangerous addiction is. Parents need to look very closely at the condition of the teenager, to pay attention to all changes in his behavior. When should you be alarmed and lead a teenager to a doctor?
- when in its behavior there is a complete indifference to everything that happens, dramatically changes overly excited state.
- has sharply deteriorated brain activity. The teenager was not well remembered, he became scattered.
- pupils have changed their size or look unnatural. The
- state of the child is similar to that of a drunken but odorless alcohol.
- you notice that the teenager is constantly lying, without any need and reason.
- if the tongue has a brown plaque, the eyes are red, on the body traces of injections.
- appearance in the home of strange objects( glue, acetone, solvents), on soap dishes, syringes.
If you notice at least two of the symptoms listed in your child, immediately bring him to a psychologist and narcologist. No need to blame and boil the baby. He, as ever, needs help and support of his loved ones, only this will be able to cope with this misfortune.
There is another problem( not as terrible as drugs, but also very unpleasant), it's a computer addiction. Reasons for such an addiction may be an entire set. This is a nervous disorder and a complex of inferiority. The saddest thing is that when the teenage period passes, the dependence does not go anywhere. If the dependence has already appeared, then it will be very difficult to cope with it. You will most likely need a psychologist or psychiatrist's consultation.
Features of Boy's Upbringing in Adult Age
The transition age is a great time to start building a new, more adult relationship with your child. This requires a lot of communication.
Teenagers are more secretive, less talkative, answer the questions with short, rare phrases, what is the dialogue here? The best place to talk - a relaxed atmosphere. It is good if father and son go fishing, go hiking, repair something in the garage at the same time. There they talk somehow by themselves.
Good communication in the car. It is often difficult for teens to talk frankly, looking in the eye, and when the father is busy on the road, to talk about the problem easier.
Would you like to chat? Talk about your problems, remember your childhood, youth, share your thoughts, ask for advice. Before you are almost an adult yourself, he can give you advice, not worse than any adult, and sometimes even better.
Participate in the life of the child, watch movies together, listen to stories about your favorite musicians, learn about new items. In a word - be in a trend! Communicate virtually. Write them in social networks. It happens that the teenager is not solved about any interested in his topic to ask, but can write.
Have your child agree. Do not interrupt, and do not warp and do not teach him more, because he told you. Otherwise, you risk not hearing the next time.
Transitional Age: Parenting Tips
The transitional age is the age when the child is no longer a child, although he is still an adult. Parents should trust their child. You do not need to check mail and read his personal sms. Support it, believe it. Let him know that if you do not happen, you will always understand and support, he can always come to you and ask for help, and you will help. Friends of the child are important people in his life, leave the child time to communicate with them.
There is any section to facilitate the transition period. It is necessary to grab the child for a long time before the maturing. Football, swimming, karate, boxing will teach discipline, train the body, loaded day will help to survive hormonal explosions. On a nonsense and bad companies simply will not remain.
Instead of Conclusion
The transitional age of a child is a very important and at the same time a difficult stage, not only for the teenager himself, but also for his parents. It is important to be able to find a common language with a young son, not to remove it from oneself during education, to grow it up as a real man, who can then be proud of. That is why from the earliest years you treat him as an adult, equal member of the family. Agree with him, even if his advice will seem ridiculous and childish. Having grown up, he will have some kind of confidence in himself, in his strength, he will feel right.