How to teach a child to read quickly and correctly
- 08 Sep 15:15
Many parents believe that if their child does not read well, he will not succeed in learning. Indeed, this science is not given to all children with ease, and parents are breaking their heads, how to help their kids get good reading, or even learn speed reading.
In fact, the problem of bad reading techniques relates not only to children but also to adults. At junior high school, when the child is taught to read, and then, regularly monitor the reading technique, parents can track how the results are promoted. In middle and high school, nobody is in control of the reading technique. And when a child decides to enter the university, it turns out that he can not process large volumes of information.
Abbreviations are the ability to read about a few thousand words per minute, understanding what you read and remembering it. The need for such skills that arises, as a rule, already in adults, but also for children, it can be very useful. Effective exercises that develop memory, attention, and expanding the angle of view, allow you to make science fast reading for adults for 10-12 classes, and for children - 20-25.
1. At what age should you start learning how to read
2. Why study
fast reading learning methods 4. Exercises for speed reading
5. Instead of finding
From what age do you need to start learning reading
Sometimes parents believe that teaching a child to read is as early as possible. Not much from a year or even from 6 months, they show to their children different letters printed on paper in capital letters and speak them aloud. Parents believe that the child will work a combination of visual auditory memory, and he will remember the "learned" words. However, most experts argue that the optimal period for the beginning of education falls on 5-6 years. By this time, the nervous system of the child and other brain structures that will participate in the reading process are not yet well-formed and ready to understand and master the literacy.
Early reading instruction, unfortunately, does not mean that the child will become a podcard or 100% will be an excellent student at school. In other words, it will not give a positive effect on the further success of the child, and may even harm it. The time to study, as well as effort, will be spent more, and the result will be the way it should be, regardless of how early the child mastered the alphabet.
When a kid is ready to study, he begins to be interested in letters, which is one of the main indicators of his maturity of brain structures.
An important factor is the state of sound analysis, sound perception. The child should be able to trim the sounds of the tongue by ear. From the beginning, parents should emphasize the fact that when reading we use sounds( not letters) that they are different, and the child should feel the difference between them. It should be taught to divide it into warehouses. All this is necessary in order to properly master the reading and then learn to read quickly and correctly.
Why learn how to count the
Nowadays, people are faced with such a volume of information that it is hardly possible for anyone to "digest" it. On average, an adult can read about 300 characters per minute .This is very small and that is why there are various methods of teaching high-speed reading of literature.
If you start developing these techniques even in childhood, you can develop enough memory and attention that will have a positive impact on the success of the school and the university.
The technique of reading the child should develop with age, with the acquisition of other skills. A child learns to read letters and gradually acquires the ability to read words, sentences and texts. On this, unfortunately, reading training ends in 90% of all children and practically in all adults without exception.
The topic of fast reading is very relevant among those who care about their intellectual development. Analytical reading with high quality of the learned material and with minimal expenses and efforts, unfortunately, in our country has not received much popularity. Meanwhile, there are special courses of methodology that allow you to master the science of reading fast, for adults as well as for children.
Before speaking about the technique of fast reading, one should understand that this skill is directly related to such complex mental processes as attention, memory, thinking and emotion. Unfortunately, the mechanisms of these processes are not studied by the end, but it is possible to compare the human brain with computer programs.
There are such programs that a person develops throughout his life, these are conditioned reflexes and stereotypes.
The ability to quickly read and understand readable is a guarantee not only of good school performance but also of the ability to think logically, to perceive diverse information, to develop memory and attention, to be able to concentrate on the main one. All this will give good help in the development of new professions at an older age, the effective development of yourself as a person.
Fast Reading Learning Techniques
All development techniques of fast reading have the physical limits of their application in practice. All of them have age differences: some are aimed at the development of children 5-8 years old, others are more suitable for adolescents, the third - in general, designed to improve the ability to quickly read parents.
There are various methods that allow you to discover the potential of a child by 100%.These include the technique of Maria Montessori and mnemotechnology, and eidhetics, as part of the child's successful development, and much more.
All techniques and techniques include complex exercises aimed at improving memory, attention, concentration, development of auditory, visual memory, the development of logical thinking, raising the level of intelligence of the child, and more.
The following exercises will help the child not only learn to read quickly, but also remember, understand read, develop the ability to quickly switch from one type of brain activity to another, develop semantic, auditory, visual, imaginative types of memory and much more..
Exercises for Speed Reading
All exercises for rapid reading development are aimed at training memory, attention, rhythm and expanding field of view. The difficulties that children are slowly reading are also found in adults.
The speed of reading aloud must be different from the speed of reading "about yourself."But in many children, both those and other results are usually the same. This is due to the fact that when they read "about themselves," they mentally spell words.
When exercising to suppress external articulation, the child is encouraged to read, holding a pencil in his teeth. When performing the second exercise, the child puts his finger on the lips and reads, trying not to move his lips. After 3-5 minutes, the finger is removed. If the child himself, or parents notice that the lips are beginning to move again, you need to again apply the finger to the lips.
They are recommended for adolescents who read the words of the mind:
- Reading Plus the score of .Performing this exercise you need to read and mentally consider "about yourself."At the beginning, of course, the child will not be able to remember what he read, and this is a completely normal brain reaction. But over time, his attention and memory will be able to differentiate between reading and counting. Concerning the increase in reading technique, it is necessary to bring all exercises to automatism. An instant result will not work, it should be done systematically.
- Reading plus singing .The principle of performing such an exercise is similar to the previous one: when reading, one must try to mentally sing a song or read a poem. If doing this is difficult, you can read, chant a motive aloud. It also contributes to suppressing internal articulation.
- Reading plus knocking .Since the language is very rhythmic, when reading it is necessary to tap arrhythmic pattern. When performing the exercise, it is important not to get rid of the rhythm. Best of all, starting to engage in the proposed exercises, take an interesting book with an exciting storyline. Then when reading, the knock will go to the background. Exercise trains attention, ability to switch from one information to another and simultaneously perform several actions.
When exercising, the child trains memory, keeping in mind what letter and how to specify in the text, that is, he learns to concentrate on certain information. At the initial stages, you can completely abandon the exercise speed so that the child concentrates only on the quality of the result, and complicate the requirements gradually.
When exercising, the child should quickly determine which numbers are missing in the table. Gradually, the number of cells can be increased. Exercise trains attention and memory, since the child needs not only to keep the table in front of the eyes, but also to remember what numbers he has already found, and what else to find.
Do not delay classes more than for 15 minutes , if it is a child aged 6-8, and 25-30 minutes , if the child is about 10 years old. During one lesson, one must be allowed to perform not only one exercise, but a certain complex, in order to involve as many brainstorming structures as possible.
There are exercises that increase the reading technique to phenomenal results.
If you systematically engage, then in practice you can increase the results to several thousand characters per minute for adolescents and adults and to 300-500 characters for in children.
The purpose of reading is also different. If you want to quickly review the text to select a book with a more suitable, rich information for something, then you can develop quick reading and other exercises. Looking ahead, it should be noted that they are more suitable for adolescents who, for example, are preparing for exams and want to learn more information in less time.
- The Shutter Exercise, based on the prediction method, prediction of events. From a sheet of A5 format( in the format of the book), you need to cut a large truncated triangle. Put this letter on a printed page so that the edges of the lines are closed, and try to read it as much as the received stencil allows. Then you need to try to retell read to assess how much it was possible to catch the contents of the read, but in the end, compare with the original. Such exercise will train your attention, memory, logic and thinking.
- Teachings for Teens "Reading Horizontally" .Here it is necessary to go from reading to words, and try to perceive for 2-3 words at the same time. To do this, take the text and a simple pencil on it draws vertical lines, which divide the text into 2-3 parts. Read the text in fragments, while trying to understand the meaning of several words.
- Exercise for Teens "Reading on the Vertical" .Performs similarly to the previous, except that the lines need to be horizontal. The purpose of this exercise is to allow the teenager to take the entire line entirely without leading his eyes to the right and left.
To achieve the best results you need to train every day and teach as much poetry and speed as possible.
Instead of Conclusion
To help your child learn the school material. It is necessary to develop in it skills of fast reading. To do this, take note of all the above exercises and diligently carry them out with the child. After all, this method allows not only to save time while reading, but to effectively absorb information.