What is the appearance of polyps in the anal canal?
- 08 Sep 10:15
- Hemorrhoid Treatment
The rectum and anus can be a place for the development of a large number of pathologies, among which there is a polyp of the anal canal.
It is worth saying right away that without the help of a physician it is impossible to distinguish this rectal disease from many others, but it can never be forgotten about.
- 1 Types of
- 2 Causes
- 3 Symptoms
- 4 Diagnostics
- 5 Treatment of
First of all, rectal polyps can be divided into groups depending on their number and prevalence, and then we will see the following groups:
- is plural;
On the other hand, the rectal tumors may differ significantly in the composition of the tissues from which they grow, and then the following classification can be distinguished: the fibrous appearance of
- includes the fabric of the main connecting type and rarely subsequently leads to oncological pathologies;
- adenomatous appearance implies the presence of glandular tissue as part of the tumor and is prone to overgrowth in the cancerous tumor;The
- nasal polyp consists of thin tissue wicks and also often turns into a malignant tumor.
Different approaches to treatment can be made depending on the type of rectal polyp.
It is worth to say at once that the exact reasons behind the development of this pathology of the rectum, could not be found. But scientists have found out that there are a number of factors that can provoke pathology.
To date, the first place among the probable causes are inflammation reactions, which for various reasons can not go on for a long time in the rectum. Because of them, there is a change in the division of cells and, as a result, a full-fledged polyp grows.
Another well-known and widely accepted theory is the theory of heredity, in which a person gets a tendency to disease even at birth.
Among other reasons that may have a direct effect on the intestine or serve as triggers in the development of pathology, the following can be distinguished:
- is an incorrect food education in which a person consumes a largethe amount of harmful food and nullifies the amount of useful nutritional elements;
- is the effect of bad ecology, which can with prolonged exposure lead to the development of mutant processes in the cells of the body;
- abusive habits that also have the ability to trigger mutation processes;
- is a sedentary lifestyle that results in various diseases, which is an active inflammatory process.
Do you have hemorrhoids?
Mikhail Rotonov: "The only remedy that is suitable for a complete hemorrhoids treatment at home and which I could recommend is. .." Read more & gt; & gt;
Polyps of the rectum have an unpleasant, but a very characteristic feature of all pathologies of this organ - they can exist for a long time, but do not deliver absolutely no inconvenience.
Often, this rectal disease is diagnosed entirely by accident when a person conducts an examination due to any other complaint. On the other hand, there are no characteristic symptoms of this disease.
Polyposis of the rectum is a manifestation of other diseases of this organ, for example, with a tumor or a hemorrhoids, which is why it is impossible to diagnose on the basis of symptoms.
However, you should always contact a doctor if you have any of the following suspicious symptoms:
- presence of red blood cells in the feces or the appearance of mucous membranes;
- feeling that some kind of foreign body is stuck in the gut, a general discomfort, the objective reasons for which can not be found;
- permanent problems with the chair, which can be expressed as constipation or diarrhea;
- appearance of pain, especially associated with the act of bowel movements;
- episodes of congestion loss in the anus and associated complications, such as distress or thrombosis.
In some cases, if there is an active process of inflammation in the intestine, a person may be exposed to episodes of temperature increase that will join the above symptoms.
It is not possible to rely on symptoms in detecting this rectal pathology, which means that attending a physician is mandatory.
The doctor may use the following diagnostic measures to differentiate the similar pathologies:
- to conduct a digital rectal examination of the rectum, which will help assess the condition of the mucosa and the polyps themselves;
- to appoint a rectoromanoscopy, which allows you not only to look at polyps, but also to determine how much rectal damage, as well as think about treatment tactics;
- to conduct a colonoscopy, which also allows you to evaluate the state of the rectum and the entire large intestine in general visually;
- to do irrigoscopy if there is reason to assume the presence of polyps, whose size exceeds 1 cm.
Only after the diagnostic measures and the final diagnosis can begin treatment of the disease.
Based on symptomatic diagnosis, many patients begin to treat polyps using methods that are usually treated with hemorrhoids, which is not only radically wrong, but can also lead to complications.
To date, there is no conservative treatment of this disease, which should be remembered by all patients. The only way to get rid of polyp once and for all is to remove it promptly. At the same time, no doctor will give a guarantee that polyps will not appear again, especially if the disease is hereditary.
Often, if the foundations of education in the intestine do not cause discomfort, are small in size and are recognized as benign, the patient does not even appoint an operation, but leave it under close supervision, assessing the development of the disease.
When it comes to a small number of small polyps, most doctors often do not even put the patient in a hospital because they decide on surgery, since there is no need for it. If there are many polyps, and they are large in size - this is an indication for hospitalization.
Timely diagnosis of this pathology and its elimination is the main preventive measure in the field of prevention of cancerous tumors.