Spots on the elbows, causes and treatment
- 06 Sep 22:01
- Body Care
The attractiveness of a woman largely depends on the beauty of her hands. Especially it becomes relevant in the summer, when you have to wear short-sleeved clothing. Some women face the problem of the appearance of spots on the elbows. They look very aesthetic, so they certainly need to get rid of.
The causes of spots on the elbows
Before the spots appear on the elbows, the skin becomes much thicker. In some cases, strong peeling may occur. Following this, there are stains. They may have a white, red or grayish tinge.
The causes of this phenomenon should be sought in the functioning of organs and systems of the body. Therefore, before proceeding to eliminate such a defect, it is advisable to consult a physician. Among the main causes of the appearance of such spots are the following:
- 1. Avitaminosis. The appearance of this defect is often associated with lack of vitamin A.Vitamin deficiency leads to dry skin, which causes it to peel off and stains appear on it. Proper nutrition will help solve this problem. Try to eat as much vegetables and fruits as possible in your diet. Do not interfere with the reception of specialized vitamin and mineral complexes.
- 2. Hypothermia. This disease is associated with impaired functioning of the thyroid gland. As a rule, it is accompanied by hair loss and a change in the color of the skin. The reason for the appearance of such an illness is often emotional overload, taking strong medicines, malnutrition, adverse environmental conditions or heredity. In order to eliminate spots on the elbows, it will first be necessary to find out the reason for the appearance of hypothyroidism and to undergo the necessary course of therapy.
- 3. Psoriasis. This is a serious skin disease in recent years, unfortunately, has become increasingly common. It is accompanied by a significant thickening of the epidermis in the area of the joints, including elbows. In this case, the spots are likely to have a white or slightly reddish color.
- 4. Dysbiosis. Violation of the natural microflora in the intestine may also cause spots. Most often it occurs after uncontrolled use of antibiotics. As a result of dysbiosis, there is a violation of vitamin A production. It is this substance that is responsible for the correct pigmentation of the skin.
- 5. Skin diseases of infectious nature. These include candidiasis, lichen, mycosis and scabies. In this case, you must undergo a medical examination.
- 6. Diabetes mellitus. This disease is often accompanied by darkening of skin areas on the elbows and in the abdomen.
- 7. Factors of the environment. The appearance of such a defect may be provoked by prolonged wearing of excessively rigid clothing, prolonged exposure to cold or weathering of the skin.
Basic Treatments for
If the cause of the spot is a disease, then first of all, you need to undergo the appropriate treatment. It should be prescribed by a physician after all necessary examinations.
In order to eliminate spots on the elbows, you should follow the recommendations:
1. While you are taking a shower gently massage the elbows with a special hair brush. Thus, in your daily shower gel, it is best to add a few drops of glycerin. It will help make the code softer and eliminate the drying effect of the gel.
2. Treat your elbows with a scrub. It can be purchased already ready in any cosmetic store or make it yourself from natural ingredients.
3. Do not forget to lubricate your elbows every day with a nourishing cream. Choose the ingredients that contain essential oils and medicinal herbs extracts.
4. Every day before bedtime, rub a few drops of olive oil into the skin with light massage movements. You can also use orange oil or almonds.
5. In the morning, rub the skin with fresh lemon juice.
Recipes of folk remedies
To get rid of such a defect will help and folk remedies, made from a natural harmless component. Such treatment does not require you to pay a special material expense. In this case, you will be fully confident in its safety. Among the most effective recipes, the following are especially highlighted:
These simple tips will help you quickly get rid of the spots on your elbows. But do not forget that a positive result can only be obtained if the appearance of the defect is not associated with serious illness. Therefore, before proceeding to treatment, it is necessary to find out the reason for the appearance of stains.