Hemorrhoids in pregnant women: causes and treatment
- 31 Aug 14:45
- Hemorrhoid Treatment
Hemorrhoids often occur during childbirth and postpartum. The causes of the disease are anatomical changes in the body of a woman and a number of other factors. Let's find out why there is a hemorrhoid in pregnant women, methods of treatment and prevention.
Causes of Hemorrhoids in Pregnant
Women in a position are at risk for developing hemorrhoids, as they have a very high probability of developing this unpleasant disease. And this happens so often that many believe that pregnancy without hemorrhoids can not be. Usually hemorrhoids begin to make themselves known in the second half of pregnancy, from 20-24 weeks.
Factors contributing to the appearance of hemorrhoids:
- Changing the benefits of food, eating "for two".In this period, you should eat only natural products, rich in minerals, vitamins and fiber. It is fiber that promotes the normal functioning of the intestine, preventing the appearance of constipation.
- Rapid growth and weight gain of the baby, an increase in the size of the uterus, which begins to squeeze the organs, are located in a small pelvis. There is a repression of the rectum to the pelvis and vertebral column, disturbed activity of the intestine, which leads to constipation and the formation of hemorrhoids.
- Blood vessels also experience the pressure of the uterus and the accumulation of fecal masses, which complicates the venous outflow and promotes varicose veins.
- Hemorrhoids in pregnant women may be complicated by the formation of blood clots, which can lead to thrombosis of the hemorrhoids.
- Reduced motor activity, sedentary lifestyle, leading to venous insufficiency. Prolonged sitting affects the muscular and ligament support, thus contributing to the loss of nodes.
- Prolonged standing, increasing blood pressure in the lower limbs and its stagnation in the veins, thereby reducing the elasticity of the walls of the vessels.
Signs and symptoms of hemorrhoids in pregnant
During this period, they do not differ from the general symptoms common to all patients:
- Blood appearance after bowel movements on toilet paper or on toilet walls( characteristic of late stages of the disease)
- Blood veins in the fecal masses
- Pain, itchand irritation of the anus
- Inflammation and loss of hemorrhoids
- In internal hemorrhoids there is a third subject in the back passage
Similar signs and symptoms can be of varying intensity, struggling to measurein the progression of the disease.
Development of hemorrhoids
Negative factors described above, cause the expansion of the blood vessels of the rectum( hemorrhoidal plexus).As the pregnancy approaches, widening of the veins increases, their walls lose elasticity, leading to protrusion.
From this moment, hemorrhoids are assigned the first stage of development, in which the nodes are in the lumen of the rectum, without falling apart from the anus. As the disease progresses, the hemorrhoidal nodes increase, and their loss from the anus occurs. Similar processes are inherent in the disease in the second stage, and their difference from the last stage of hemorrhoids is an independent or manual adjustment in the anal opening. Such processes are accompanied by an increase in pain, itching, an increase in bleeding. If you do not start treatment, blood loss can lead to anemia.
How to treat hemorrhoids in pregnant
During this period, only a doctor should prescribe treatment, since self-medication can be harmful to the child.
When arriving at a specialist, the diagnosis is first performed, which includes:
- Patient's survey
- Awareness of
- instrumental study
blood test studies Based on the results obtained and the stage of development of the disease, the doctor prescribesnecessary treatment. Often medication or folk remedies for hemorrhoids are prescribed that help relieve pain and reduce discomfort.
Direct elimination of hemorrhoids( by minimally invasive or surgical methods) is better to be transmitted to the postpartum period, since any interference can cause harm to the infant.
Treatment of Hemorrhoids in Pregnant
It depends on the stage of the disease. The initial( asymptomatic) stage is effectively treated by adjusting the diet, changing lifestyle and hygiene procedures.
The following recommendations should be followed to prevent the onset of the disease:
- Normalization of the chair as a way to prevent constipation. As hemorrhoid in pregnant women often occurs due to thickening of fecal masses, as a prevention, it is necessary to pay attention to the diet, including the products containing fiber( cereals, fruits, vegetables, prunes, cereals).Not recommended meat, fatty and spicy foods, coffee. Help digestion of lactic acid products.
- Hygiene of the anus, which is an important way to prevent hemorrhoids. To this end, you should wash the anus after each emptying, use toilet paper only in extreme cases.
- Do not stay in one place, take more outdoor strolls.
- Avoid overcooling and do not sit on a cold surface.
If there are symptoms of hemorrhoids( bleeding, pain and itching), various medicines of local and system-wide action are added to the obligatory preventive measures.
Generally, locally-administered agents are used to prevent pregnancy hemorrhoids in order to minimize the effects of drugs on the child's body:
- Heparin ointment, eliminates inflammation and hematomas.
- Ointment of Vyshnevsky with pronounced anti-inflammatory action. Before using it for 3 days, it is necessary to make baths with a solution of manganese, and only then lubricate the anus.
- Homoeopathic ointment for pregnant women is the best since it is based on the use of vegetable oils.
- Post-erosan, has regenerating properties, due to which acceleration of healing of cracks occurs, morning, immunity rises.
- Various hermetic candles for pregnant women will eliminate pain, itchiness and a sense of discomfort in the back passage. Softening fecal masses, do not allow the appearance of constipation, heal the damaged mucous membrane of the rectum.
No less effective against hemorrhoids and folk remedies:
- Garlic with vegetable oil. To get a medicinal product, it is necessary to boil some portions of garlic in oil until they are fully charring, then chop and then grease the resulting mixture before the anus.
- A decoction of chamomile, celandine and St. John's wort, taken in a ratio of 1: 1: 1, is poured into a small amount of water and, after cooling, is used as a lotion.
- Honey with cinnamon mix in a ratio of 1: 1 and lubricate the anus, pre-washed it with household soap.
Despite the fact that folk remedies for treating hemorrhoids during pregnancy are safe, they should be consulted with their doctor before using them. This is due to the uniqueness of each case of carrying the baby and the reaction of the body to various drugs, so the same remedy can both help and harm the mother and the child.
Treatment of late stages of hemorrhoids involves the use of surgical techniques. But, as a rule, they are resorted to after childbirth.
The following are the exceptions:
- Limit of
- Acute inflammation of
- Acute inflammation of
Thus, if hemorrhoids appeared in pregnant women, what should be done in this case should be the doctor, as there are a number of restrictions during this period, takingtaking into account that the baby will not be injured, while treating the expectant mother, no harm.
Treatment for hemorrhoids after childbirth