Insect bites - signs, symptoms, treatment, prevention, photo
- 29 Aug 18:30
- Disease Of The Skin
Insects are living beings that are widespread throughout the planet. There are hundreds of thousands of insect species, most of the insects that are living on the planet are the most common.
It's hardly possible to find on the Earth a person who would never have experienced an insect bite in his lifetime.The response of an organism to such an effect depends on two factors. First, the type of insect, because among them there are also poisonous varieties. Secondly, from the individual reactions of the organism. Some people easily tolerate bites, and for others, such an effect can be deadly.
- 1 Insect Types
- 2 How can bugs of insects be dangerous?
- 3 Signs and symptoms
- 4 Allergic reactions
- 5 Treatment
- 5.1 Treatment of bites inflicted Hymenoptera
- 5.2 Treatment of bites of blood-sucking insects
- 5.3 Treatment of bites parasitic insects
- 5.4 Traditional methods of treatment
- 6 Prevention
- 7 Photo
species of insects
Numerous species of insects,which can bite a person, can be divided into three large groups. This is:
- Poisonous Insects. This group includes oats, bees, ants, and others. When bite, these insects are injected into the poison's wound. Moreover, the impressive properties of poisons in different varieties of insects vary greatly. In most cases, the insects of this group do not attack people just like that; the bite, as a rule, is a protective reaction to external action.
- Blood flying insects. This group includes mosquitoes, gizzas, some varieties of flies, etc. This group of insects bites people and animals for a certain purpose - to reproduce they need blood, so they attack the warm-blooded creatures.
- Non-flying insect parasites. This group includes fleas, lice, bugs and other insects that exist at the expense of humans.
Can bugs of insects be dangerous?
In our latitudes, the bites of poisonous membranes of insects and antches are most at risk.
Despite the fact that such insects are stinging only for the purpose of self-defense, many people suffer from bite bites. According to statistics, more people die from ostrich or bee bites than from snake bites.
Different types of insect poisons are introduced in various ways. So axes and bees use a sting( with this stinging man the bee dies), and the ants bite the jaws, injuring the poison. The danger of such bites is the development of allergic reactions to the components of the poison.
The bumps of the blood-sucking insects themselves are safe, although they can bring tangible discomfort. The risk of bites is that insects can be carriers of different, rather dangerous infections.
- Lice is a distributor of swivel and typhoid feathers.
- Mosquitoes carry such an unpleasant disease as leishmaniasis.
- A normal hive fly can become a carrier of dysentery or typhoid.
- Blocs are vectors of pseudotuberculosis, tularemia, erysipeloid, and previously fleas have spread the plague.
- Mosquitoes of various species contribute to the spread of malaria, dengue fever, yellow fever.
- Mite bites can lead to encephalitis, Lyme disease, spotted fever of rocky mountains, and a tick-borne mite is the cause of the development of cortical scabies.
Signs and Symptoms of
Most commonly, when an insect bites, symptoms such as:
- Edema and swelling;
Precisely itching creates a threat to the development of complications, as it is very easy to infect when chewing.
Allergy to insect bites is a frequent phenomenon. Fortunately, in most cases these reactions are moderately expressed. In this case, there is:
- A significant swelling occurs at the bite site;
- There is a pronounced pain;
- Rashes may occur;
- Brisk itch »
- Local temperature increase in the place where the insect bites.
If an allergic reaction to a bite of insects once manifested, then the probability of its relapse is 60%.A moderately expressed allergic reaction occurs quite often, no special treatment is required.
Acute allergic reaction is much less common. Her symptoms:
- Edema of the face and larynx;
- Breathing difficulty due to edema;
- Anxiety, nervousness;
- Rashes around the body, and, the rash is very bright and itchy;
- Dizziness and a sharp drop in blood pressure.
Possible anaphylactic shock, loss of consciousness and even fatal outcome.
https: //www.youtube.com/ watch? V = qw2rzWOxMAk
When choosing a treatment technique, it's important to consider the insect's bite.
Treatment for bites caused by the intestinal
If the insect bite occurs in the hands of a hand, you must immediately remove the ring from your fingers. After that, if the bite was caused by a bee or a worm, it is necessary immediately to try to gently pull the sting from the wound. Then you need to try to squeeze the liquid from the wound.
The next step is decontamination, the morning should be disinfected, rubbing the place of the bite with any antiseptic. To remove swelling you can add ice or something cold. To remove it it is necessary to use special means. For example, the Phenistyl gel or the "Zyrochka" balm. If there are manifestations of a moderate allergic reaction, a tablet of antihistamines should be taken.
Acute allergy requires urgent medical attention. It is necessary to turn to "Ambulance", before its arrival it is necessary to use an anti-anaphylactic package, which includes:
- Admission of antihistamines;
- Use of an adrenaline injector;
- Applying a tourniquet to prevent the spread of poison.
Treatment of STDs
As a rule, mosquito bites and flies will not cause serious damage to health. However, if these are numerous bites, they can cause serious discomfort. Allergic reactions to the bites of these insects appear much less often, but they are not excluded.
For hemorrhagic stroke bites it is recommended to:
- Treat bites with hydrogen peroxide or other disinfectants.
- Try to prevent combing of the wound, as it complicates healing. You can use the remedies suggested above to remove the itch.
- If signs of allergic reactions occur, an antihistamine drug should be taken.
- With atypical symptoms - the appearance of severe swelling, severe pain, festering, fever - you should contact a medical facility.
Treatment of parasitic insect bites
Acute allergic reactions to bites or lice bites are rare. However, since parasites are the carriers of infections, it is necessary to actively fight them. The bite treatment scheme coincides with that used to treat mosquito bites.
Popular methods of treating
In the absence of acute allergic reactions, folk remedies can be used to relieve itching and swelling at insect bites.
- Soda solution. Dissolve a spoonful of soda in half a glass of water. Use a solution for lotions on places of bites, soaking them a piece of bandage or waddle disk.
- Similarly, you can use a solution of vinegar or lemon juice.
- If an insect bite occurs in nature, you can use a plantain to eliminate itching and itching. It is necessary to take a leaf of this plant, wash it well with water, crush the juice and bring it to the place of the bite.
- Just like a plantain, you can use leaflets of parsley, dandelion or mint to treat insect bites.
- At numerous bites it is recommended three times a day to take infusion queue, prepared at the rate of 500 ml of water, 3 tablespoons of raw materials. One serving - 100 milliliters. The quail leaves, which remain from infusion, can be used for lotions on places of bites.
How to prevent an insect bite? Of course, it is not possible to foresee all cases, however, there are prevention rules that should be known and applied.
To prevent bee stings or oz, you need:
- Avoid approaching apiaries without special clothing. And if you find out in the forest of an aspen nest, you need to try quietly and quickly to go away.
- When you go outdoors, use of perfumes and deodorants with sweet or floral aromas should be avoided. Also, do not choose too bright clothes.
- A bee or axis can be snatched with sharp movements, for example, when you try to ward off an insect.
- During outdoor picnics, it's best to keep the products in closed containers so as not to attract insects.
- When organizing a picnic or choosing a place to spend your night out, make sure that there is no anthill near you.
To protect yourself from the bites of flying hemorrhagic insects you need:
- Use mosquito nets on the windows of the premises.
- If necessary, use fumigators, permitted for use in enclosed spaces.
- During reptiles you need to use repellents. Moreover, it should be remembered that each remedy has its own expiration date, so you should periodically apply the cream or spray again.
- When traveling around the city, you should refuse excessively open clothes. It is better to choose such an outfit that would cover a large surface of the body.
Many believe that the presence of lice or bedbugs is a sign of negligence. In fact, no one is immune to the appearance of such unpleasant "neighbors".
To get rid of fleas and bugs, you can use the various tools offered by grocery stores. Apply such means should be strictly instructed, having taken all necessary protection measures, since insecticides are quite toxic. If you can not cope with the problem yourself, you should contact the special services for the special treatment of premises.
When detecting any kind of lice, it is advisable to contact a disinfection facility for complete disinfection.