How is surgical intervention regarding the removal of rectum oncology?
- 29 Aug 01:15
- Hemorrhoid Treatment
Oncology is a group of diseases associated with pathogenic tumor cell growth. It can affect all organs, developing, including in the rectum.
- 1 Stages of Pathology
- 2 Symptoms
- Operative Intervention 4
Oncology in the rectum passes through four stages:
Oncology of the rectum is one of the most insidious diseases, since it does not make itself known for a long time.
Sometimes a person lives for decades without suspecting that he has a tumor formed in the rectum.
Cancer symptoms usually appear as it progresses, and many people are temporarily incapacitated for a long time, since there are no specific symptoms for this pathology.
The cancer of the rectum is most often manifested by the following complaints:
- is a pain symptom, the localization of which is determined in the rectum;
- flatulence, bloating, frequent rumbling after eating;
- excretion with feces, which appears due to the fact that solid stool traumatic tumors;
- is the appearance of various violations of the chair, which most often appear in the form of constipation.
There is a diagnostic criterion that allows a physician to suspect a patient for tumor growth. This criterion is a complaint for weight loss without objective reasons.
A person, for example, can eat in the usual mode or even consume more food than usual, but at the same time he does not thicken, but, on the contrary, loses weight. Usually this complaint forces doctors to conduct an oncological search.
Do you have hemorrhoids?
Mikhail Rotonov: "The only remedy that is suitable for a complete hemorrhoids treatment at home and which I could recommend is. .." Read more. & Gt; & gt;
Operation with cancer of the rectum is prescribed quite often, as it is considered one of the main ways to get rid of pathology for good.
The operation can be performed using four different techniques, and in each case the doctor evaluates the effects and chooses the most optimal method that is suitable for this patient.
The operation can be carried out according to the following schemes:
- intrauterine resection - in this case, only the part of the rectum in which the tumor has grown is removed, this operation is dangerous because of possible relapses with incomplete excision of the tumor:
- abdomen-analysis resection - similar to the procedure with intrauterine resection, but also excess excess of the intestine in the anal anus;
- Hartmann's technique - this part of the gut is cut off with a neoplasm, while the segment below is stitched tightly and the upper segment is displayed on the abdominal wall in the form of colostomy; later these two segments can be joined;
- is an extraction of the rectum - this operation involves the complete removal of the rectum with a colostomy removal on a permanent basis.
. Many are afraid of the consequences of surgery for rectal cancer. Usually patients are worried because they will have some time, and sometimes for a lifetime to stay with colostomy.
So, colostomy is unpleasant and causes a person to rejection, which is quite natural, however, when there is a choice between death from oncology of the rectum and the consent to colostom, everything becomes obvious.
The rehabilitation period after the surgery for the removal of rectal cancer also involves the mandatory bowel flushing for the first three days and the administration of antibiotics.
Then a specialist diet is recommended to the patient's physician, which is recommended in the future. Dietary nutrition primarily aims at eliminating constipation in the intestine.
In order to avoid recurrence, the patient is also recommended for annual examination and abandonment of bad habits.
Operation on the removal of rectal cancer is considered a complicated procedure with an uneasy rehabilitation period, but often it is the only way to rid a person of an oncological disease and save his life.