Filler for a cat toilet, which filler is better to choose
- 28 Aug 05:45
- Animal Care
The best filler for a cat toilet
The cat's fill depends not only on the mood of the cat, but also on the comfort of the whole house. Nobody likes to come back to the house, where it smells unpleasantly because of a cat's tray. Many owners are trying to find the perfect filler that thewould have come up with not only the pet, but also the owners. The shelves provided a large assortment of cat fillers, but which of them is the best, how to choose and what really suits everyone? To answer these questions, it's necessary to divide all the fillers into specific categories and learn the advantages and disadvantages of each of them. Total fillers can be divided into three categories:
- sand filler( cumbersome, suction);
- wood filler, sawdust( pressed granular);
- silica gel filler( granulated, suction).
Let's consider in more detail each of the categories of fillers for a cat's toilet and choose the best one for your pet.
Sandy filler for cats
In another way it is also called adsorbent, although this word refers to any type of filler. The sand may be of a different fraction( size):
- fine sand is more suitable for short-haired cats; it is quite economical because of its size, but with it there is a small part of the dust and if the cat loves to dig into the sand intensively, then in the dustnot only animals but the whole house will be;
- the average sand is considered optimal, it almost does not contain dust, suitable for any type of wool and relatively economical;
- large sand is more like fine gravel, it has no dust, and it is great for cats of long-haired breeds. Its main disadvantage is uneconomy, because of its large size, such sand is consumed quite quickly and is considered to be the most disadvantageous among this group of fillers.
Sand may be bumpy or absorbent. The sand is lumpy means that the part where the cat's feces hit is taken up by a small trick that can be thrown out. In this case, the main part of the filler need not be replaced. If there was a lot of lumps, you can add some fresh filler, and completely replace it in a few days. The suction filler acts a little differently, it absorbs moisture in itself and the cat can go several times in the tray, without changing the sand. Of course, here are some disadvantages - if the filler is poor quality, the smell from the tray will appear very quickly and it will not be able to leave it for the whole day. In addition, if the cat is very tidy, then she does not want to go to the tray, from which she smells unpleasantly, and then she will start looking for new places for her toilet. Sucking sand should be carefully selected, it should perfectly absorb not only moisture, but also the smell otherwise the owner will be forced to constantly change the filler in the tray.
In general there is one big advantage in sand - it's a price.
But the disadvantages of this filler are much more - the smell is not completely absorbed, many fillers contain dust, sand often needs to change, which also takes time.
Wood filler for cat litter
This filler is a large pellet of pressed sawdust. Wood filler is considered the most safe and natural. The wooden pellet is soaked when it hits the moisture and perfectly absorbs the smell. Owners do not need to change the entire filler - enough to throw out the part where the granules swelled and turned into sawdust.
- low price
- lack of dust and small granules;
- considered to be the most economical in use - the granules are excellent absorbing and long-lasting smell;
- easy to dispose of;
- granules are made of natural raw materials and do not cause allergies to animals and owners.
- Too large granules are not suitable for kittens;
- An adult cat may refuse such a filler if it has never before been exposed to pressed granules( it is better to make a transition to such filler gradually);
- swollen fillet can touch the cats and wool.
This filler has more advantages and it is really easy to use. For many owners, wood pellets have become a salvation - a low price and the lack of significant disadvantages have made it a leader among fillers.
Silicagel filler for cat litter
This new generation of filler looks rather unusual - its structure looks like a sea salt on the outside. According to the principle of work, it is similar to suction sand, but its formula works much better and really deserves attention. Silicone filler is asleep in the tray not less than 3 cm - it is required that the granules were able to absorb all the moisture. Moisture penetrates granules and their structure is practically unchanged. Only a few days later, when a significant amount of moisture is collected in the tray, the granules will change shape and become gel-shaped. He will be quite dense, and throwing it will not be any work. This filler is considered the best - it absorbs 100% moisture and smell. In addition, it is not necessary to change it often - one filling of the tray is enough for 7-10 days.
- convenient in use;
- do not need to be frequently removed in the tray;
- no dust;
- absorbs moisture and smell;
- does not cling to the paws - the broken formula of the granules does not allow them to cling to the wool;
is not toxic, does not cause allergies.
is a high price.
In principle, this filler has no drawbacks, except for the price, but if compared with the price of sand and the expense of both fillers, it turns out that the silicone pellets go out even more profitable.
If you do not know if you need to change the filler and how it will handle it - take a small package and gradually mix it with the old filler. So you will give the cat time to get used to and understand whether he suits you.