Hemorrhoidectomy: life after surgery
- 17 Jun 18:15
- Hemorrhoid Treatment
Surgical removal of hemorrhoids is the only reliable way of depriving the patient of hemorrhoids, has developed in its development until the last stage. However, after hemorrhoidectomy, the disease continues. The patient is assigned the necessary complex ofconservative measures( diet, candles, baths, general dasgs).He should follow general recommendations to avoid complications and possible recurrence of the disease.
- 1 Features of the
- rebuild period 2 Possible troubles
rehabilitation measures Features of the
rebuild period The postoperative period varies from patient to patient. It depends on the stage of hemorrhoids, the presence of the patient's concomitant diseases, the individual characteristics of the organism and the type of surgical intervention.
The hemorrhoidal nodes are harvested in various ways based on the improvement of the classical operation of Milligan-Morgan:
Classical hemorrhoidectomy is considered to be the gold standard in proctology today, which can significantly improve the quality of life of a patient suffering from hemorrhoids.
This operation is performed with internal and combined hemorrhoids of stages 3 and 4, a high risk of developing bleeding and consistently dropping out of large hemorrhoids. Do not carry out hemorrhoidectomy in pregnant women, persons under the age of 35, cancer patients, patients with heart and lung deficiency, cirrhosis of the liver, HIV and other immunodeficiencies.
Complications may occur immediately( in the first hours and days) or in the long term( after months) after surgery. The most common are:
- acute urinary retention - quite common in men in the first day after peridural anesthesia, solved with a catheter;
- pain sensation - the severity depends on the individual threshold of pain sensitivity of the patient, require the use of analgesia to drugs within 1-2 days after surgery;
- , the fallout of the rectum is rarely due to sphincter damage during surgery;
- bleeding may occur at different times in the postoperative period, including when damaged by the feces of the vessel in the wound( this is why strict diet should be observed);
- formation of fistulas is a distant complication( appear months after surgery);
- narrowing of the anus - a rare form of complications, occurs due to improper suturing, eliminated by expander or plastic;
- purulent complications - the infection of the postoperative wound significantly delay the recovery period, especially in the weakened patients;
- chair stasis due to fear of pain - eliminated by conservative methods( diet, laxatives).
Do you Have Hemorrhoids?
Mikhail Rotonov: "The only remedy that is suitable for proper hemorrhoids treatment at home and which I could recommend is. .." Read more. & Gt; & gt;
Treatment for hemorrhoids should continue during recovery after surgery. The main tasks of rehabilitation of postoperative patients are - accelerating tissue healing and preventing the development of inflammation and other complications. For this purpose, a strict diet, regime and medication drugs are prescribed.
What is the diet:
- fasting in the first day after surgery;
- reduction of gas formation in the intestine - gas beverages, black bread, beans, whole milk, white cabbage, mushrooms, kvass;
- exclusion of annoying products - spicy, salted, pickled, roasted dishes, coffee, alcohol;
- increased fluid intake to 9 - 10 glasses per day;
- daily vegetable fiber consumption - boiled and stewed vegetables, dried fruits( dried apricots, figs, prunes), bread with bran;
- allowed - porridge( oatmeal, buckwheat), non-fat beef, chicken, turkey;
- are obligatory included in the diet of dairy products.
In a period after hemorrhoidectomy, the diet is able to help the patient normalize the stomach, which is very important for the prevention of complications. Possible use of safe laxatives - dufalak, normosa. Every day hygienic procedures should be carried out - the washing with cool water after each chair. It is prohibited to raise the burden and physical work associated with the tension of the muscles of the abdominal press and the pelvic floor
Well-assisted daily baths with a decoction of chamomile or manganese-oxide potassium. Effective anti-inflammatory and hemostatic effects have rectal candles Natalsid, for relief use Relief Advance, Anusolum, candles from belladonna, anesthetic, candles with papaverine. The pronounced wound healing effect has Methyluratsilovye candles and ointment Levomekol. In case of severe pain, injections with analgesics are applied, ice cream is applied locally.
Postoperative rehab is an important period in the life of the patient, during which it is necessary to strictly observe all recommendations of the doctor( diet, diet, restriction of heavy physical activity, medical treatment), then recovery will be easier and people will be able to for a long time forget about hemorrhoids.