Pediculosis is the main cause, diagnostics, treatment, photo
- 10 Aug 23:15
- Disease Of The Skin
Primary pediculosis is a disease of the skin and hair caused by parasites( head lice).The disease is characterized by lesion of hair on the head, less often - beard, mustache, eyebrow. It manifests itself as a severe itch in places of defeat. The danger of a pedicle is inbecause lice and fleas can be carriers of serious infectious diseases, in particular typhoid fever.
- 1 Causes of development of
- 2 Clinical picture of
- 3 Diagnosis of
- 4 Treatment of
- 4.1 Treatment by folk methods
prevention. Causes of development of
. Pediculosis is caused by the onset of parasite hair - head lice. It did not cover an insect which parasitizes exclusively on a person. The main lice lives on the scalp, however, cases of development of a pediculosis on eyebrows are described, and in men - on the ears and beards.
The main lice adapted quickly to move on the hair. The parasite feeds on blood, 2-3 times a day, an adult encrypts the scalp and suckles for a few milliliters of blood through the proboscis. If the hungry lice have a gray color, then getting drunk in the blood, the insect becomes reddish.
Home lice loves warmth, a comfortable temperature for the development and reproduction of insects - 28-30 degrees. In the cold, the development of the insect stops, at temperatures below 12 degrees, the parasite stops lining the eggs.
Eggs are called head lice with nicks, with the help of a sticky substance niches are glued to the base of the hair rod. After 8 days after the laying out of the eggs there are larvae that successively undergo several stages of development. From the time of laying eggs until the appearance of adults capable of reproduction of individuals takes about 20 days.
Female head lice lives twice as long a male( about 30 days), during which time she has time to postpone about a hundred eggs.
It is very easy to get infected with pediculosis. The idea that the lice only lie on dirty hair by mistake. There is no relationship between the frequency of head washing and the probability of infection with pediculosis.
To infect a pediculus, a very short-term close contact with an infected person. In addition, get infected with a pediculosis when fitting someone else's hats, using someone else's scallop or using a pillowcase with the patient.
Lice can crawl not only from head to head, but also caps on a hat, if they are placed side by side.
Particularly often children suffer from pediculosis, especially high probability of infection in children's collectives - gardens, schools, children's camps, etc.
At the initial stage of a pedicle, it is difficult to notice lice in hair. When considering hair and skin, you can only see scratches, as insect bites and parasites strongly itch.
After some time after infection with a pediculosis in the hair, nets can be detected. They look like small light grains tightly fixed on their hair. Sometimes nits can be confused with hair diseases such as nodular trichoclasia and trichomycosis. Even after leaving the larvae, the coconut nest remains in place. Since lice lay eggs at the base of the hair, the location of the nicks on the grown hair can be judged on how long the patient suffered from a pediculosis.
Scars on the scalp cause skin damage, so when pediculosis there is always the risk of joining secondary infections and the development of diseases such as boils, sycosis, folliculitis decalivating, as wounds can be infected using the same dirty hands. In this case, there are areas of inflammation on the skin, sometimes regional lymph nodes are noticeably increased.
In the absence of treatment of pediculosis and the lack of proper hygiene from the patient's head, an unpleasant smell is obtained. In the hair begins to form duvets - bundles of confused hair, glued to the exsudate, which has a large number of lice and nits.
For the diagnosis of a pedicle it is enough to conduct an external examination. In patients with scalp can be seen comb( excoriation), on the hair - nits.
To confirm the diagnosis, combing hair over a sheet of white paper. On this background, you can easily see brushed parasites.
Pediculosis is needed at the same time for all contact persons. For example, if one child in a family was ill with a pediculosis, prophylactic treatment should be carried out at the same time for all household members.
There are currently a large number of medicines for the treatment of pediculosis. For ease of use, they are available in the form of sprays or shampoos
Most often used for the treatment of pediculosis:
- PEDILIN - shampoo 1% of the content of malathion;
- Preparations based on permethrin - Nix, Nittifor, Higia and others.
- Shampoo with phenothrin content - Parasidosis;
- A complex product called Pair Plus, which includes malathion, permethrin and piperinyl butoxide.
- The Ful Marx fluid contains isopropyl myristate, cyclomethicone.
Selection of a dasg for the treatment of a pedicle should be made by the dermatologist taking into account the age of the patient, as well as other contraindications.
Recommendations for use:
- Applicants must be used strictly for their intended purpose;
- Most modern pediatric medicines are not recommended for use during pregnancy and also for children under 3 years of age. There are other contraindications, for example, allergic diseases( for example, allergy to cosmetics from lice).If nevertheless there are some allergies in a person, then before the start of treatment it is not superfluous to make an allergy test for medicine.
- Modern pediatric remedies are usually used twice with a break of 7-10 days. If the use of the remedy did not bring the expected effect, for the third time use it is not recommended, you should pick up another drug.
- When using pediculosis sprays and shampoos, you should protect your eyes and mucous membranes from getting into them medicines.
- Following the use of pediculosis drugs, hair scrubs are performed to remove dead parasites by mechanical means.
- After the initial treatment of hair with a shampoo or a pediculosis spray, it is recommended not to wash your head in the next two days.
- It is not necessary to shorten hair in the treatment of pediculosis, since the lice and nits are located near the base of the hair.
In addition to treating hair and scalp in the treatment of pediculosis, it is recommended:
- Change bed linen and wash it at high temperature;
- Wash clothes and hats worn by the patient. Things that do not tolerate washing( for example, fur hats) can be set for a few days at a frost.
- It is necessary to disinfect all combs and accessories for hair( ribbons, hairpins, etc.).
Treatment of folk methods
There are many recommendations in folk medicine that were previously actively used in the fight against pediculosis. However, they are not as effective as other modern medicines( shampoos, pills, aerosols, etc.).And not some of them( for example, the use of kerosene) are hazardous to health, so do not experiment, and it is better to consult a doctor about this problem.
Prevention of infection with pediculosis is as follows:
- It is necessary to teach the child that the comb is an individual item of hygiene that can not be given to unauthorized people.
- Girls need to know that you can not only use other people's combs, but also other people's hairpins and hairpins.
- Children should know that they should not be replaced with hats or clothing.
- For long hair owners in order to prevent infestation with pediculosis, it is recommended to gather hair in a braid or a bundle before travel by public transport or to remove them under clothing.
- When a pediculosis is detected in someone from households, it is necessary to undergo a survey of all family members. Be sure to disinfect bed linen, combs, clothing, which is usually tightly hanging on a rack in the hallway or in closets.