Making a disability after a stroke
- 08 Aug 04:15
- Temporary Disability When Stroke Attacks
- How long does stroke treat in a hospital and at home?
- How and when to contact the BMSE?
- What should I do if doctors refused to go to the commission?
- What documents do you need to bring to a disability commission?
- Disability Setup
- Degree of Sustained Violations Acknowledged by the Commission
- Which Disability Groups and Who Designed After a Stroke?
- What should I prescribe in IIS?
A stroke is called a disturbance of the circulatory system of the brain, which occurs as a result of blockage of blood vessels by blood clots, which causes the death of nerve endings.
Disability is not attributed to a stroke, but to severe complications that result in total or partial disability.
Temporary Disability in Stroke Attack
Anyone who has suffered a stroke is temporarily incapacitated. How much time he will spend in hospital for treatment and at home for rehabilitation, recovering from an attack depends on the severity of the disease and the rate of return of stroke-affected functions.
If a small stroke was mild, which did not bring severe damaging effects to the patient, then the person will not get a disability. In cases of severe attacks, slow restorations of the main functions of individuals or their relatives have the right to arrange a disability group.
To make or not to make a disability, a policeman - not a physician can understand, for example, during treatment in a hospital.
How long does stroke be treated at the hospital and at home?
If the stroke is mild, a so-called small stroke, a subarachnoid hemorrhage, no aneurysmic form, the person will stay in the hospital for about 30 days. The general period of disability will be about 3 months.
A modest, not very devastating degree of stroke, will result in hospital treatment for just over a month, and disability, including rehabilitation, will be about 4 months.
Severe, destructive stroke, in which the body's functions are practically not restored or returned very slowly, just leads people to apply for disability in the Bureau of Medical Social Examination( BMSE).
How and when to apply to the BMD The
After the person is discharged from the hospital, he addresses the doctor at the place of residence for further treatment and rehab after the stroke. When taking a doctor it is important to talk about all the problems that were and which appeared again. The doctor must necessarily record them in the medcal card.
It is necessary to immediately inform the doctor about the intention to establish a disability for one reason or another. All complaints to the abnormal state of the body should be documented by various specialists of the in-patient department, which necessarily sends a district doctor.
Ibid., Will perform all analyzes at the hospital inspection, fill out a special certificate - the form and will issue or not send a referral to the Bureau of Medical Social Examination( BMSE).
Doctors believe that referring to the group earlier than in 4 months - prematurely. Therefore, usually the commission is sent in half a year, or 8 months, or one year after the attack of a stroke. In some cases, only if the stroke occurred in a young person, and the recovery is slow, it is sent in 4 months.
Disability can be provided in cases where there is no complete restoration of all functions of the brain, there are language problems or disturbances in the movement, and others.
What should I do if doctors refused to go to the commission?
There are rules on which a person can apply for self-defense by means of social protection bodies or the Pension Fund. It is important to collect all medical documents that fully prove disability.
According to the rules, you can act differently. All available originals: statements from hospitals, results of analyzes, conclusions of specialists should be brought to the head of the BCME at the time of his admission and write an application for disability registration.
Special medical examination for serious patients is carried out in absentia, stationary and at home, if a person is not able to appear at the bureau. The members of the bureau have the right to appoint additional surveys.
medical examination is required. What documents should be provided to the disability commission?
Everything that confirms the disruption to every vital function and disability, namely:
- referral from the doctor, district or in-patient( either from the FIU or from Social Security),
- passport and photocopy,
- copy of the work book, which must be certified by the head of the personnel departmentlast job place,
- proof of income, for example, work certificate,
- outpatient card,
- statement from hospital and photocopy,
- application for review.
If a person is sent to the commission once again, it is important to bring a certificate of disability and the previously obtained IUD.In addition to these documents, a district doctor will name a list of additional ones if they are needed.
It is necessary that the attending physician must be registered in the direction of the passage of the commission necessary for the rehabilitation of individual for each means. What you can ask: wheelchairs, canes, crutches, walkers, kalo and urine receptors, diapers, diapers - napkins, hearing aids. It is important to specify in the document and their number. All these funds can be obtained in social protection bodies, as they will be recorded in the program of rehabilitation.
Disabled people are recognized as having such a disability:
- If there is a health problem, there are persistent functional disorders caused by the disease. Disorders that are the result of injuries. Defects in the work of organs.
- In cases where livelihoods are limited, there was a complete or partial loss of self-sufficiency in self-service. If he can not move, he is incapable of orientation and communication. Losing control of their own or unable to study and work.
- Requires social welfare assistance and care and needs rehabilitation.
Degrees of Sustained Violations Acknowledged by the Commission
In the modern comprehensive medical evaluation of various indicators, there are 4 major degrees that characterize persistent violations:
- with minor disorders,
- with moderate disturbances,
- with severe disorders,
- with marked disturbances.
The assessment of disability and disability during a stroke is carried out in a complex of all functional disorders:
- speech, speech and writing,
- sensory functions,
- motor and coordination,
- disturbance of hematopoiesis, blood circulation, respiration, metabolism, immunity, secretion and digestion.
stroke. What disability groups and who are after the stroke?
1 group - patients in the absence of self-sufficiency, significant violations of movement, and communication in the 3rd degree.
2 group - in the event of problems with orientation, communication, movement, self-sustainability and control of 2nd degree behavior.
3 group - in case of minor problems of travel, self-maintenance and labor of the 1st degree.
If the commission recognizes the disability, then it issues a certificate of invalidity, as well as an IUD.
What should I prescribe in IIS?
In the Individual Rehabilitation Program( IUR), the number of means for patient care and rehabilitation, as indicated in the referral to the commission, should be recorded. This is a stroller, diapers and others.
Disability recovery types are displayed in the IAP card.
1. Medical rehabilitation includes:
- reconstructive surgery,
- restoration therapy,
- providing required medication,
- spa resort restoration for non-working.
2. Social rehabilitation includes:
- free consultations, including legal,
- psychological and cultural patronage,
- homework training,
- tools for psychological, socio-cultural and physical education rehab.
3. Professional rehabilitation includes:
- receiving recommendations on work, working conditions,
- training for possible occupations,
- job promotion and the provision of funds necessary for training the professions.
As we see, the list is not small and very useful to know about it. It is important for each disabled person to get a good enough program when getting a disability.
After receiving documents at a commission, a disabled person or his / her representative must be registered with the social security authorities and apply to the pension fund with an application for the appointment of a pension.
Commission review is held for 2 and 3 groups once a year, and for one - once every two years.