Tempalgin helps with headaches and how to drink
- 31 Jul 19:45
- Action Mechanism
- Side Effects and Contraindications
- Admission during Pregnancy and Lactation
- Symptoms of Overdose
- Price, Reviews and Conditions of Departure from the Pharmacy
Tempalgin is a pain reliever non-narcotic drug, one tablet of which isin its compositionhas 2 components:
- metamizole sodium in a dose of 500 mg,
- tempidon in a dose of 20 mg.
The drug is manufactured in the form of tablets, the appearance of which is well known to many patients. In the people Tempalgin is simply called "green pills".Sold in cardboard boxes in blisteries for 10 pieces. One pack may contain 10, 20 and 100 tablets for oral administration.
Manufacturer Tempalgin is a subsidiary of Sofarm, one of the leaders in the pharmaceutical industry in Bulgaria.
The mechanism of action of
Metazymethyl sodium belongs to the group of non-narcotic analgesics and non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs. This substance has a potent analgesic and moderate anti-inflammatory effect. Also known for its good antipyretic ability( greatly reduces body temperature with fever).The mechanism of action is related to the blockage of the enzyme cyclooxygenase type 1 and type 2, which is a key ingredient in the development of inflammation, pain and high temperature.
Tempidin belongs to the category of tranquilizers or anxiolytics. It relieves the feeling of anxiety, eliminates violations, including motor, anxiety, fear. Tempidon also promotes a small decrease in blood pressure, so people who are prone to hypotension should use the drug with caution.
Both substances potentiate each other's actions. The drug is rapidly absorbed into the systemic circulation of their digestive tract and begins to act after 15-20 minutes. The maximum concentration is observed 2 hours after taking. Medications are displayed with the liver and urine.
Testimonial The most commonly used Tempalgin is headache. This complex preparation not only perfectly and quickly eliminates virtually all types of cephalagy( primary and secondary), but also has a calming effect.
Due to 4 effects Tempalgin( anaesthetizing, suppressing, antipyretic and anti-inflammatory) preparation is also used in the following situations:
- pain in the teeth;
- is voluntary vertebrogenic, that is, it is associated with pathology of the spine( lumbago, lumbalgia, pain syndrome in the cervical and thoracic spine);
- Neuralgia and Neuritis;
- periodic pain in women( algomenorrhea);
- Articular and muscular pain of different etiology;
- pain syndrome with blows and other injuries of light and medium severity;
- together with antispasmodics can be used in the renal, biliary, gastric colic;
- eliminates fever in acute respiratory infections and other infectious diseases.
How to Take Tempalgin
Tempalgin is taken inside with or after food. The tablet can not chew, it is necessary to drink plenty of water. A single dose corresponds to one tablet, a maximum of two pieces. Within a day you can take no more than 6 tablets. The duration of admission should not exceed five days.
The product is authorized for use in children from 14 years of age, in all other cases, the specialist should take a decision on the need to use it.
Side effects and contraindications
The drug is contraindicated:
- in the presence of allergy or hypersensitivity to the components or additional substances;
- in severe arterial hypotension;
- terminal stage of liver or kidney failure;
- diseases that overcome the inhibition of the hematopoiesis;
- for children under 14 years of age;
- for pregnant women and nursing mothers;
- with congenital deficiency of the enzyme G-6-FDH;
- with aspirin asthma.
When taking Tempalgine, the following side effects may occur:
- allergic reactions of a different nature( rash, bronchospasm, skin tingling, Quincke's edema, anaphylaxis);
- hallucinatory syndrome, dizziness;
- pain and discomfort in the gastrointestinal tract, nausea, vomiting, dyspeptic phenomena, jaundice;
- hypoplastic anemia;
- lowering blood pressure, accelerated heartbeat;
- , the appearance of protein and erythrocytes in the urine, the progression of kidney disease.
It is necessary to use caution in people who are abusing alcohol. Also, for the period of treatment, you should refuse to drive a vehicle, as the components of the drug have a sedative effect.
Accepted during pregnancy and lactation
Tempalgin is not recommended for pregnant women( has a negative effect on fetal development), regardless of the term of pregnancy and nursing mothers, since both substances are excreted in breast milk.
Symptoms of overdose
In excess of recommended doses, the patient may experience nausea with vomiting, abdominal pain, decreased pressure, general weakness, palpitations, shortness of breath, drowsiness, seizures.
First Aid includes the following measures:
- gastric lavage,
- sorbents and laxatives.
In severe cases, resorting to emergency hemodialysis, symptomatic therapy.
Price, reviews and conditions of departure from the pharmacy
The average price for Tempalgin( 20 tablets) is 120-130 rubles. The drug belongs to the non-prescription drug group and is sold freely.
Video tutorial for Tempalgin :
Watch this video on YouTube
Reviews about Tempalgin:
"Actually, I'm not a fan of medication, but sometimes I can not do without them. It was at this moment that I met Tempalgin tablets. A year ago, preparing my quarterly report at work, I was very distressed by my head. Self-massage this time did not help, and I went to the office to look for other means. Our administrator "took" me a pill with Tempalgina. The headache was removed by hand in 15 minutes. Since then, this medicine has always been in my home medicine chest. "
" I take Tempalgin regularly about 1-2 tablets per month to eliminate female pain on critical days. Always helps, has never been raised yet. True, he has many side effects, but I have not seen anything like this. "
" I am worried about headaches often from school days. I tried many medications, including Tempalgin. These pills relieve the pain well, but only after me they have a stomach ache, so I often try not to drink, and if I have to, I try to put something into my mouth and only then take the pill to make it not to the hungry stomach. "